Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The mind blowing Traxxas XO-1

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTech View Post
    Out of the box it does 50 unless you at another 3s to it. It comes with 1 3s.
    But what's the Iphone to the controller do? Just tell you speed?
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

it comes with 2 3S lipos...

there is a limiter (Think training mode on the XL-5 ESC). to get to the internal settings of the ESC you have to use the Traxxas Link app thru your ipod touch or iphone. then you can change the setting in the menu to unlock full power.

Quote Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
    it comes with 2 3S lipos...

there is a limiter (Think training mode on the XL-5 ESC). to get to the internal settings of the ESC you have to use the Traxxas Link app thru your ipod touch or iphone. then you can change the setting in the menu to unlock full power.
    '

I was about to say, I thought it came with two. Read it on the Traxxas site. Makes sense now. Thanks Cable man.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    '

I was about to say, I thought it came with two. Read it on the Traxxas site. Makes sense now. Thanks Cable man.
    i think there are a lot of cool features in this car. im not an on road guy, so its not for me...but whos to say this doesnt evolve into a 1/8th offroad E buggy?

Quote Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
    i think there are a lot of cool features in this car. im not an on road guy, so its not for me...but whos to say this doesnt evolve into a 1/8th offroad E buggy?
    Im with you on that, but seeing the Traxxas branded Mamba Monster "Extreme" and home spun branded Motor. I think I see a 1/8 water proof coming.

As for the Apple touch only. That's dumb. Love my ipod touch, but Im waiting for an Android PMP. Not sure I like the Apple only everything for your Ipod.

But Im sure there will be hacks in short time. Im sure some people are going to switch to a Specktrum (or other brand) then a Traxxas radio anyway, so what then? how do they hit the 100mph?

In other words, Im sure there will be hacks
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

The iPhone "unlocks" the 100 mph+ speed advertised. It is on their site in fine print.

anyone else get the feeling that apple paid or is going to sponsor traxxas for this truck think of the people that go and buy a iPhone and the traxxas link just to get to the speed i mean why not a droid why iPhone must be a reason behind it?
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

Quote Originally Posted by ian2 View Post
    anyone else get the feeling that apple paid or is going to sponsor traxxas for this truck think of the people that go and buy a iPhone and the traxxas link just to get to the speed i mean why not a droid why iPhone must be a reason behind it?
    So Apple can get an edge over other companies. Kinda like how all Ford has "Microsoft Sync".

Android OS is better then iOS, face it, not even personal preference, just straight up facts.
    Same apps, animated backgrounds built in, widgets, and more importantly, Open source. Mod it how you wish. If you don't like how yours is, download a new one. To name a few.

iOS is your background and the standard boring grid. Unless you jail break of course

I don't like how commercialized Traxxas has gotten, with the "Ken Block" Rally, Monster Jam trucks, their Nascar and ShortCourse stuff, Mustang Boss... I think the X0-1 was trying to get away from that with the solid colour body, which looks amazing, but then failed with the iPhone.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12