Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What to choose?

What to choose?

Hi guys.
    Rather new to this and appreciate all the input I can get, but here is the thing.
    Have a hbx rocket brushless with lipo wich I like very much.

But I like "bashing" so a buggy is not really the car for me I think. I have been looking at traxxas slash, hpi blitz and those kinds of short course cars - sort of... I think that would be the car for me. Dont like them too big, like the traxxas summit and those cars.

And here is the question: should I stick to one particular brand, like HBX so I can use different parts for the different cars? In time I will get more cars, so thought it would be wise to stick to only brand perhaps?

Do you people have any thuohts about what is the "best" car? most reliable and easiest to get spareparts to?
    Always kinda fancy'd hpi cars, but also the tamiyas for the looks and the joy of building them on your own.
    Still have my old Tamiya Hummer M1025

Thanks a lot
    Per from Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Odmand View Post
    Hi guys.
    Rather new to this and appreciate all the input I can get, but here is the thing.
    Have a hbx rocket brushless with lipo wich I like very much.

But I like "bashing" so a buggy is not really the car for me I think. I have been looking at traxxas slash, hpi blitz and those kinds of short course cars - sort of... I think that would be the car for me. Dont like them too big, like the traxxas summit and those cars.

And here is the question: should I stick to one particular brand, like HBX so I can use different parts for the different cars? In time I will get more cars, so thought it would be wise to stick to only brand perhaps?

Do you people have any thuohts about what is the "best" car? most reliable and easiest to get spareparts to?
    Always kinda fancy'd hpi cars, but also the tamiyas for the looks and the joy of building them on your own.
    Still have my old Tamiya Hummer M1025

Thanks a lot
    Per from Denmark
    Depends what you do with it, I don't like Short Course RCs, but their good for bashing and racing. Tamiyas are good, but little part support around North America unless you find a dealer, which they are around.

Traxxas Slashes are great, cheap, tough as nails and huge community and part support.

I my self love HPI and Team Associated. My first RC is my B4 RS. Just about the best RTR Ive driven to date, and Im not just saying that because I own one. I don't have any HPI but the E-firestorm RTR I drove was great and of course the Savage is legendary for toughness

If you're looking for a "sort of" Shortcourse, You should look into Stadium trucks. Most SC trucks are just the Stadium Truck brother with a few mods and a new body. Slash is to Rustler, as SC10 is to T4.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Traxxas Slash i have a Traxxas Slash VXL brushless 2wd and i love it i didn't bash that much but i sure crashed this thing alot and it doesn't break lots of parts available for it anywhere like a local hobby store should have them and online u can find them easily you can try Team Associated Sc10 and SC8 there good trucks too for what you want hope i helped Gurraj

when it comes to straight bashing...we always recommend the stampede 4x4 vxl..just sayin
    Odmand likes this.

Just about anything Traxxas.....Stampede, slash, t-maxx, summit. Traxxas has alot of "Basher" style rc's, parts are a dime a dozen, every LHS will carry Traxxas products.

As for HPI, AE, ECX and some others you have to be more careful on what you choose, simply for the breakage factor, and can you get the parts easily. Long story short I would go towards the Stampede vxl or the slash vxl, as other above me have stated.

When it comes to bashing parts availability should rank very high. If you have a LHS what brands/vehicles do they stock parts for?

Traxxas is a good company to go with, but they're not the only choice. The Slash, Stampede or Revo are good options. I don't have experience with the E-Maxx, but the T-Maxx isn't durable.

HPI has the Blitz and the Savage.

Tamiya is a great company and they have, without question, the best kits to build. Everything is packaged nicely and well organized, the instructions are great, and the kits are just plain fun to build. I'm not sure which is the best basher in Tamiya's lineup, but there are tons of options. Their kits are usually durable and bash-worthy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

IMO Traxxas is the way to go for bashing. they are tough as nails have awesome part support and are great platforms to learn on. being new to the hobby you will want all of these things. If you are like most people in this hobby you will not have just one or two kits, you can grow into the more high end race type kits in time but a traxxas will keep you busy for a while with amount of stuff you can do to them. Also there kits come in many different set ups so you can start with what your budget allows and build it up from there.

As for which one is best? that goes by personal preference and where you will do most of your driving. The rustler and bandit are fast but don't have much ground clearance so tall grass and rough terrain is tough for them. The stampede will go through average height grass no problem and loves to jump ramps and stuff. The slash in kinda in the middle of those its more capable than the rustler but faster than the stampede. If you go for a stampede or slash I recommend getting the 4x4 version if you budget allows it.
    Odmand likes this.

Is the hpi blitz any good

Thanks a lot guys.
    I appreciate all your inputs, they have been very helpful, all of them.
    I think I will go for the Slash 4x4 for several reasons. Most importantly the availability of parts and tune ups, I guess.
    Really a lot of xtras out there for traxxas cars.
    And I have learned if you throw in some alu tune ups and stuff, you'll end up with a very decent car.

Going to the local hobby store next week to get one. Then we'll see if I made the right choise

Thanks again guys

Quote Originally Posted by Hpi rc fan View Post
    Is the hpi blitz any good
    Yes, but the ESE version is made from plastic that is more fragile than the RTR version. I suggested the RTR version for bashing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast