Thread: advice needed

advice needed

im new to the rc world and looking to purchase a good truck for under 200 bucks. Im interested in the brushed system and kinda leaning towards the traxas rustler and the traxxas slash 2wd version. But open to all suggestions not into racing but like to get something quick that can handle alot of bashing, and homemade jumps and anything else that can be lots of fun and also I want it to be a 2wd truck. Any suggestions i would appreciate it i dont really have alot of money to throw around so kinda want to get it right first time around.

Well I'd say you would have fun with either of those trucks they are basicly the same under the hood. "The slash is a little longer which makes it a little more stable, but you can't go wrong with a trusty rusty! If you plan to race though see what classes your track has open alot of tracks these days have a stock slash class while the rusty will not compete with much other than more rustys without a lot of mods.

yea either seem fine, but maybe save 50 more and check out the duratrax evader brushless we just unboxed...looks pretty fun

on the brushless version what exactly is the differences in that and the regular version. i have the brushed version and its cool but ive had problems with screws stripping out and had a few wheels break so i was wondering if it had the graphite pieces already installed or it was the same as brushed model

As far as I can tell the brushless evader is the same as the brushed exept the body, Electronics, and gearing. if you already have the brushed set up I would just up grade that a good low end brushless set up for that. Or for the same price as the brushless evader you can get an Associated RC10T4.1 with Brushless set up it does not have the stress-tech warranty but if a far and away better truck.

that associated truck is that the 2wd stadium truck i was actually looking at that one, the only thing i thought it might not be for me because i wasnt sure if it was just for racing or could it handle all my backyard bashin, i am going to buy a truck of some sort when i get my tax money back. Do you have any info on the hpi brauma its one of the few truggys that caught my eye

I have the t4 and i is more of a race truck although it can be used for bashing also. This truck is very forgiving on the race track and even just bashing around is very smooth.
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!