Thread: need help with duratrax

need help with duratrax

my stepson has duratrax evader brushed version and we have set up several jumps in the backyard and over a period of about a month we have broke 2 of the rear wheels. we have replaced them with a stock set of duratrax wheels and today we broke another. The question is are the duratrax stock wheels cheap made and also can i get wheels from another top name brand wheel that will hold up better. I was thinking like the traxxas rustler because both trucks are stadium truck types. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

wheels made from a company called losi makes wheels that are a direct bolt on. Get XXX-T wheels they are race proven and wont break on you

I assume you are speaking about rims? Never had that happen before to be honest, where is it breaking? At the nut or the actual rim? Losi stuff is good as beginner says as well as proline

yeah the rims they break around the nut,i have these homemade redneck jumps, all around the backyard, we both are begginers so we are kinda all over the place and landings are not our strong suit but they all break in same place. Ive broke three so far so ive come to the conclusion i need stronger rims or smaller jumps and chances point to stronger rims.

get the stronger rims you will have no chance them breaking on you

Quote Originally Posted by rcbeginner View Post
    wheels made from a company called losi makes wheels that are a direct bolt on. Get XXX-T wheels they are race proven and wont break on you
    +1 on this (even if its worded funny )
    Last edited by Haphazzard; 01-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.

thanks i ordered the wheels last night when i getem in i will tryem out and let you know if they ever break