Thread: Need help on tire selection!

Need help on tire selection!

I took my t4 out today and ran it pretty hard on dry packed dirt which also had a little loose sand on top. This is the first time i have had my t4 out when it has been completely dry. Everything on this truck is stock including the tires, which i found out are pretty much junk on what i was running on today, particularly the rear tires. When i was cornering any throttle from three quarters to full the tires would completely break loose, no traction, and just cause it to spin out. I am running a 3300kv brushless motor with a 5000 mah nimh battery, so who knows what will happen when i get my lipo. I need suggestions on what tires are best for this application to get the most traction possible. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

Hmmm sand on top of hard pack is tough, I would think pro-line calibers or maybe some step pins would do good for ya.

The sand was just where i was running today but is not a big concern for me. My main concern is dry hard packed dirt and somewhat loose dirt condition. This is where the majority of run time will be. I just need a good all around tire for some decent traction. Also any adjustable tips on the chassis would help also. I really haven't done anything setup wise because the truck seems to handle very well with the stock setup. Thanks again for the advice!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

Check out the charts on Proline or AKA websites. They're usually very helpful.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ok i will do that! Thanks!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

agree with JatoTheRipper Check out the charts on Proline or AKA websites. They're usually very helpful.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk