Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Minis. Can't Decide.

E REVO ALL THE WAY. mine is a tank man, broken arm and the think still kicks. only thing thats failed on it was an aftermarked 550 motor. its an insanley durable and fun truck. watch vids on youtube! thier indestructable.

I would say Traxxas because they are very durable and you are a basher so there you go.

I love my 18T, but I race it and mostly indoors. As for bashing, defiantly Mini E-Revo. Bigger then most minis, 4wd, brushless, waterproof?
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

After owning a Traxxas mini, all I can say is those things can end up being a money pit , however they are waterproof and super fast which can be a bonus and all the upgrade you could ever want... you could literally build a Traxxas mini with just upgrades., but right now .. for the price and value the mini eight is going to be really hard to beat... and currently I found them as cheap as 229.99 .. now that is hard to beat..

Well i disagree. The erevo may be plastic. But i can't see.snapping the.chassis in half unless you throw it moreoff a building or something. I can say that the erevo chassis is Verry tunable as well as rigid. The plastic is made to flex and does so well. I am new to the rc but did alot of research before buying. Yes aluminum is really good and i know.nothing about losi sorry everyone. But i have a summit 1/10 and that is heavy and i have jumped it and rolled it and flipped it at slow.and fast speeds. Ran wide open into a tonka dump truck jumped it like six or seven feet in the air and still kicking with nothing broken or bent or cracked. All stock and i figured it would break easier. Hell went wide.open across The yard and.locked the breaks on and flipped seven or eight times and no.damage just gave it some more throttle and kept.on. It has long travel suspension which would give it more chance to bend and i assume more stress on the chassis. But just me. I think he.erevo would be good. As well as there is alot of aftermarket support and traxxas of course. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by berulakide; 03-06-2012 at 10:25 AM.

im think of buying the mini 8ight for the price is good u get a mild brushless system and 4wd but i knw e revo is beefer and i like traxxas but they dont have a buggy style r/c yet they have the bandit i use to have a losi 8ight got out of nitro but i like the minis they are easier to carry around i have a ecx smash right now and ill tell it nothing like the mini t losi had i broke the servo after two weeks of bashing so it hard to decide on the two e revo and the mini 8ight

Quote Originally Posted by berulakide View Post
    Well i disagree. The erevo may be plastic. But i can't see.snapping the.chassis in half unless you throw it moreoff a building or something.
    The chassis has and will snap. If you don't have experience with it you can't really give educated input. Just Google it and you'll see it's a problem.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I don't have experience with an erevo. Or one breaking. But i have a traxxas summit which has identical chassis except some longer travel suspension. Anerexia have a used one and the chassis is in tact and unharmed. It wore a motor and Korea it and nothing wrong with chassis. I have hit big jumps and had it in tight rocks where i thought it would turn itself inside out. As well i read alot about the whole setup from all good and bad points. There is alotbto be said for good hat i believe heavily outweighs the bad.
    sorry if you dontblike it, but i don't see kids all over of it breaking. And you can prob find a pic of one shoved up someone's @%&*#+! If you Google it. There are as many people white hate it as like it posting. Either way i said take my advice lightly. Sorry to offend. Just offering my opinion as i believe you too were doing??

I owned the Mini Eight. It is a great looking mini and has some nice features. I am not hating on losi at all but I had some bad luck with mine. First jump broke the upper shock cap. Out of commission. This is a known problem. becuase it was so new when i bought mine my local hobby town didn't have parts in and at the time there was no upgrades for this part. Got part in and fixed. Second run attempt a week later first jump broke lower rear shock cap. Same thing again, had to order. I will let you guess what happened on the third jump. Sold it after that. I really wanted to like this mini. I may give it a try after some more upgrades are released again. I really wouldn't consider this thing a basher though. Needs to be on dirt or carpet. Not strong enough stock to be taking jumps on hard surface (street) and sits to low for grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracek180 View Post
    I owned the Mini Eight. It is a great looking mini and has some nice features. I am not hating on losi at all but I had some bad luck with mine. First jump broke the upper shock cap. Out of commission. This is a known problem. becuase it was so new when i bought mine my local hobby town didn't have parts in and at the time there was no upgrades for this part. Got part in and fixed. Second run attempt a week later first jump broke lower rear shock cap......

Losi mini/micro shocks and diffs tend to suck. And on a not really important side, it's a 1/18 brushless. Where as the Traxxas mini's have a slightly larger motor, and they're water proof
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast