Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Minis. Can't Decide.

Battle of the Minis. Can't Decide.

I am split between two nice mini RC vehicles to purchase next : The Losi 1/14 Mini 8ight 4WD Electric Buggy and the Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo. I'm mostly just a basher but I want speed and quality in a Mini RTR for under $300. I have been doing research on these two beauties night and day and there is still no clear winner in my mind. I suppose either one would be a great choice but I'd like to hear any and all opinions and thought on this topic. So let's hear it .....

in my opinion there both good choices but if i was mostly bashin i would go e revo brushless, cant beat it around the house its got higher ground clearance and its bigger in size than the mini 8ight. But the losi is the best on the track hands down but your not goin to get that speed from the losi once you hit any kind of grass or any sort of debri cause its so low to the ground. Hope this could help out

I have a Traxxas 1/16 Slash and it's my least favorite mini. Out of these two, get the Mini 8IGHT for sure.

The Traxxas 1/16 suspension sucks. It needs a lot of work to get it functioning properly.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

The E-Revo seems bigger and beefier. And faster too. But I like the all aluminum design of the Mini 8ight. I wouldnt drive the Mini 8ight in high grass. Just dirt and pavement. The Losi is also $35 cheaper. But Traxxas is always there with support and tons of available upgrades. I wish I could find out the top speed of the Mini 8ight stock with LiPo. E-Revo does 50 mph stock with LiPo.

I've never been that big on minis myself but I saw a mini 8ight running around the track a couple weeks ago and man that thing looks like fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine666 View Post
    The E-Revo seems bigger and beefier. And faster too. But I like the all aluminum design of the Mini 8ight. I wouldnt drive the Mini 8ight in high grass. Just dirt and pavement. The Losi is also $35 cheaper. But Traxxas is always there with support and tons of available upgrades. I wish I could find out the top speed of the Mini 8ight stock with LiPo. E-Revo does 50 mph stock with LiPo.
    The E-Revo is not beefy. They're all plastic and many people snap the chassis in half.

The Losi, with all its aluminum should be much stronger. It's certainly going to handkerchief and jump much better.

Don't worry about top speed. It's useless 90% of the time. And you can make either vehicle faster with gearing, batteries, or motor changes.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    The E-Revo is not beefy. They're all plastic and many people snap the chassis in half.

The Losi, with all its aluminum should be much stronger. It's certainly going to handkerchief and jump much better.

Don't worry about top speed. It's useless 90% of the time. And you can make either vehicle faster with gearing, batteries, or motor changes.

Okay good to know. So your vote is for the Mini 8ight then ? I def love that the chassis and shocks are aluminum and not plastic. I wonder if any companies make a bigger brushless system that would fit the Mini 8ight ? I will investigate.

Okay good to know. So your vote is for the Mini 8ight then ? I def love that the chassis and shocks are aluminum and not plastic. I wonder if any companies make a bigger brushless system that would fit the Mini 8ight ? I will investigate.
    I'd definitely go with the Mini 8EIGHT.

I have a 1/16 Slash I'd sell you in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I'd definitely go with the Mini 8EIGHT.

I have a 1/16 Slash I'd sell you in a heartbeat.

Nah. I only buy brand new stuff. The Mini 8ight is looking more and more appealing.

Nah. I only buy brand new stuff. The Mini 8ight is looking more and more appealing.
    Haha same here. I bought a used RC once and learned my lesson.

I've read that the only weak spot on the Losi is the shocks, but there are already fixes for that.

You won't regret buying the Losi from what I've read and from the videos I've watched.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast