Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Losi 5ive-T or Axial Trail Honcho (SCX10)?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    133

    Losi 5ive-T or Axial Trail Honcho (SCX10)?

    Hey guys, I was wondering what I should buy. I know they are two completely different animals but i want your honest opinions. Losi 5ive-T or Axial Trail Honcho (SCX10)? I need to know!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    351
    geez...um...thats like saying should I buy an orange or a power drill....

    I suggest narrowing down what you want to do, also you DO know that the Losi 5 is over $1500 and the trail honcho is under $300 right?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    geez...um...thats like saying should I buy an orange or a power drill....

    I suggest narrowing down what you want to do, also you DO know that the Losi 5 is over $1500 and the trail honcho is under $300 right?
    Yes i know the prices, and money is not a factor. I want to do racing and running around my trails for my motocross bikes. i also want to crawl on a few hills but mostly racing

  4. #4
    Member racerat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    52
    I'm sorry but that's just to much cash to spend on that machine in my opinion. I understand the reasoning for the price point, but there is a big difference between $300 and $800. Now if it was two or three hundred difference i could understand somewhat. Like jeremy said, depends on what you are going to use it for. Does anyone agree with me just a little?
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by racerat View Post
    I'm sorry but that's just to much cash to spend on that machine in my opinion. I understand the reasoning for the price point, but there is a big difference between $300 and $800. Now if it was two or three hundred difference i could understand somewhat. Like jeremy said, depends on what you are going to use it for. Does anyone agree with me just a little?
    A Losi 5IVE-T is around $1,500 whereas the Honcho is about $400. The difference is over $1,000...

    Only buy a 5IVE-T if you have a lot of cash to maintain, upgrade, and repair it. Plus, you need a large bash area or huge track to run it. They're no fun in tight places.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    351
    If money is not a factor, buy both? I mean ill never really be able to say like convince you one over the other, they are literally totally different....if you want to go fast, the honcho is NOT for you....maybe meet in the middle on a slash 4x4?

    Quote Originally Posted by RCBasher13 View Post
    Yes i know the prices, and money is not a factor. I want to do racing and running around my trails for my motocross bikes. i also want to crawl on a few hills but mostly racing

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    A Losi 5IVE-T is around $1,500 whereas the Honcho is about $400. The difference is over $1,000...

    Only buy a 5IVE-T if you have a lot of cash to maintain, upgrade, and repair it. Plus, you need a large bash area or huge track to run it. They're no fun in tight places.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    How does 400 acres of wooded land at my disposal sound for land? I have a 120,000 dollar Porsche Cayenne Turbo, so i don't think maintaining a r/c truck is too bad. Have you guys driven a Losi 5ive -t yet? if so, how is it to drive?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    133
    Ill also make this even harder! I know most people say they don't like the wriath, but which should i buy if I add the wriath into the question? The guys at friendofrc on youtube said they wouldn't buy it again for multiple reasons so what should i do?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    351
    Nobody's questioning your cash flow...just not really an easy choice, we have run and own them both, check out our losi running video, its right on the homepage of the site

    Quote Originally Posted by RCBasher13 View Post
    How does 400 acres of wooded land at my disposal sound for land? I have a 120,000 dollar Porsche Cayenne Turbo, so i don't think maintaining a r/c truck is too bad. Have you guys driven a Losi 5ive -t yet? if so, how is it to drive?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBasher13 View Post
    Ill also make this even harder! I know most people say they don't like the wriath, but which should i buy if I add the wriath into the question? The guys at friendofrc on youtube said they wouldn't buy it again for multiple reasons so what should i do?

    You could buy our custom one, that we just finished...now it owns, traxxas brushless system, titanium links etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •