Thread: Traxxas stampede

Traxxas stampede

Hey guys I totally didn't see the stampede so I think I'm gonna get that instead of the f-150 raptor it goes just as fast. So I wanna know what you guys think of this truck. If you guys have any good mods please share.

Go for it! The pede is my all time fav. There are alot of mods for the pede just search and see what people have done.

So is the vxl just brushless or why is it 300$??

The stampede is a great all around truck an yes I would get the brushless version

The VXL is brushless and as far as I know 2.4ghz and if you are getting one id just spend the extra money and get the VXL so you have 2.4 and brushless I have the XL-5 but I upgraded to VXL and I absolutely LOVE it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KawasakiDude572; 02-23-2012 at 01:26 AM.
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

The pedes are GREAT truck! Extremely durably and so many upgrades, it's ridiculous! You will be more happy with that then the raptor

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    the stampede. probably the only modern traxxas truck i don't hate with passion.
    one of my bashin' buddy's had one back in the late 90's. back when a 17x1 motor could destroy the gearbox. and they had fixed links so the suspension wasn't adjustable. sense then, they've added metal gears and adjustable links. they are little more than a stadium truck with a lift kit. they make good bashers.

funny story about the pede. there were 4 of us bashing on a school playground one day. it's all blacktop. at full throttle that truck must have had a 30 foot turning radius. as soon as you let out of the throttle with the steering still turned it would spin out. my buddy turned off the radio before the truck, the truck glitches out and took off in a huge circle, my buddy drops the radio and starts running after it trying to catch it. the rest of us were like wow lol cause we had never seen an electric do that before. buddy #2 picks up the radio and turned it back on. the truck does a 360 and comes to a stop, steering still twitching. buddy #1 chasing the truck trips over it and does a flying header. it was hilarious
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter