Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Beginner Basher?

Traxxas stampede vxl or 4x4

I didn't read all of the posts, but the Traxxas Stampede is a great durable entry-level truck with plenty of readily available parts. There is also plenty of upgrade options and aftermarket parts. You can start off with a standard XL-5 brushed model and upgrade it to brushless, or start off with the 2wd or 4wd brushless models for fairly cheap. I've been driving the same Stampede for over 10 years. It started off with a manual speed control (before electronic speed controls ((esc's)) were available) and I have since upgraded or replaced 90% of the truck. It's always held up very well for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    I would go the ultimate, the aluminium upgrades are definately worth it and if you bought stock it would cost more to add them later, the centre diff is an awesome feature and I think all models come with the slipper clutch, its basically a safety feature designed to slip instead of break driveline components
    yah the include a center diff on top of the slipper clutch so youll have both (i guess the center diff takes the place of the slipper? thats what i gathered from a review of the car from friend of rc's video on you tube of the platinum (which is same thing but ultimate is ultimate...lol)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234