Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Beginner Basher?

Best Beginner Basher?

what is the Best Beginner Basher? basically something that durable to an extent (ie.a kids not gonna be driving this thing but if i love tap something i dont want to be buying a new one), not high maintenance, fairly easy to find replacement parts, upgrade-able, and preferably dosent cost a mint... the terrain il be running on is medium to packed dirt, grass, pavement once and a wile... i dont believe il require a monster truck i really like the look of the buggys and the trophy truck bodys...

i was on the ol' youtube and i saw this guy ripping with a team associated RC18T it looked like a pretty good except they dont make them any more... the t2's get mixed reveiws so im unsure...

what are your suggestions?

hmm what price point are you looking for? I mean a slash 4x4 is about as good as it gets for a first time basher or a stampede 4x4 vxl but thats not cheap...

Slash is a good one too.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

Rc18t those are mini's I'm sure you knew that though, is that what your looking at just minis or just anything ,nitro or electric I'm not a big slash fan but thats just cause I don't really like short corse in general for bashing an that's all I do, but the stampede 4x4 that jeremy said is a great truck that's what you should be looking at , have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Easydozit View Post
    Rc18t those are mini's I'm sure you knew that though, is that what your looking at just minis or just anything ,nitro or electric I'm not a big slash fan but thats just cause I don't really like short corse in general for bashing an that's all I do, but the stampede 4x4 that jeremy said is a great truck that's what you should be looking at , have fun
    Stampede 4x4 is a great truck, my friend has one and we be driving everywhere. But I suggested a Slash because he said he likes the looks of short course better than Monster Trucks. Talking about a slash, SHEESH, got one off a trade for an ipod and it takes a beating!! Never broken a part, yet.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

I have an 18T, Great truck, love it! But exposed gear mesh, and it's a bit too small and soft for bashing outside. I use it for indoor carpet racing, 1/10 touring foams on it. As for the 18T2, it is belt driven vs the shaft in the 18T (like mine)The belt tends to stretch and slip, and if you run on high traction (road, carpet race) the belt can even snap with a high powered motor.

I really am not a big fan of Traxxas, but you liking the "Trophie Truck" bodies (Short Course for most RCs), a basher, tough, not a monster truck, cheap, lots of parts both stock and upgrade, low maintenance.... I'd say Slash. $200. Can upgrade them out the ying-yang, and huge community.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

my guess ele is more cheaper and easier then nitro?

yah the guy with the rc18t ripped the thing up to like 60 and... well heres the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_dEiTPLoHs&list=FL1mVuxJWhoajhLldpJoFP9g& index=25&feature=plpp_video [min; 3:13 is what im talking about]
    just looks indestructible lol ...

i watched a couple reviews and test videos on the slasher and it seemed to handle pretty well on similar terrain... tire probably upgradeable to a bigger one if i have problems... is there any upgrade that i need or is this a mint setup right out of the box? ie.radios, servos,batterys,chargers,frame up grades like aluminum parts? (i haven't researched if Al parts are available for the slasher il have to look it up...)...
    TheChris1696 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by npa4863 View Post
    my guess ele is more cheaper and easier then nitro?

yah the guy with the rc18t ripped the thing up to like 60 and... well heres the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_dEiTPLoHs&list=FL1mVuxJWhoajhLldpJoFP9g& index=25&feature=plpp_video [min; 3:13 is what im talking about]
    just looks indestructible lol ...

i watched a couple reviews and test videos on the slasher and it seemed to handle pretty well on similar terrain... tire probably upgradeable to a bigger one if i have problems... is there any upgrade that i need or is this a mint setup right out of the box? ie.radios, servos,batterys,chargers,frame up grades like aluminum parts? (i haven't researched if Al parts are available for the slasher il have to look it up...)...
    The Slash is very easy to drive, and comes fully ready to go. It's already super tough out of the box.
    TheChris1696 likes this.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    duratrax evader is a good way to start.
    nothing is easier to maintain or simpler in design than a 2wd stadium truck. the evader is a platform known to be good for beginers and intermediate hobbyists. it comes RTR for a good price. it's known to be a pretty tough truck and a lot of the parts have a 1 year "stress tech guarantee". you break it, they replace the part free for the first year. it's also race worthy on the club level if you ever want to give that a shot.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

would you recommend the ultimate with the aluminum or the just the standard slasher?

il look into that duratrax but im kinda sold on the slasher... lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast