Thread: Looking for some advise on transponders, what to do?

Looking for some advise on transponders, what to do?

Yesterday i went to my local hobby shop where i purchased my t4 last fall to ask some questions regarding their weekly racing program that they have there. The owner said that in years past he has borrowed out his transponders for race night but this year everyone will have to supply their own or purchase one at the hobby shop for $95.00. He said most of his batteries were bad and the cost was too much for him to take on. Does anyone know of a cheaper price on transponders anywhere? I don't really know much about them except that i believe AMB is a good transponder to purchase? Correct me if i'm wrong please. I'm not sure if i will be able to race every week so i really don't want to spend that much cash. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

well did you ask them if they had any to borrow? You need to make sure as well that whatever you get, it works with their system..

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    well did you ask them if they had any to borrow? You need to make sure as well that whatever you get, it works with their system..
    He said they might have a few to borrow but couldn't guarantee it. I guess the best bet is just to buy one from them to know for sure it will work with their system.
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

Thats the average price for a transponder, around here the cost is around $125. Just like Jeremy added tho

!!! MAKE SURE IT WORKS WITH THEIR SYSTEM !!! I can't stress that enough because if your shop is shady and you buy it they might not exchange or refund if it didn't work.