Thread: gear mesh help!!

gear mesh help!!

Hello. I have a summit 1/10 & i traded for another one for my paintball stuff. It sounded like crap so i pulled the motor and water in a cupped it for a bit and cleaned it out, only to find out the gear mesh is noisy no matter what unless itbis what appears ti be way too loose because there is a bit of play and just tips of teeth are together less than half way mashed. With that said it is not the stock gear, as well as no numbered for teeth. It is a shiny with blue tint on the motor and the other is smaller than stock, the oneof the motor looks like it has more teeth than the stock one. Not as loud in high gear but low is louder. I adjusted it so it wheeled quite easily and the noises was minimal with ability to run paper through. Also the tire wobble a tiny bit on the front if worked. Back and forth looks like one of the balls is worn in one of the little boots.
    Any advice would be good and if the noise is more normal for that setup let me know. I assume it is geared to go faster or something. Thanks in advance.

well do the paper trick when doing the mesh. just slip a piece of paper between the gears and mesh them and tighten the screws down and remove the paper and boom perfect mesh. if that does not work you might need to replace the transmission gears hope this helps

Hot post is a little hard to understand but if I'm reading it right you have two motors with two different pinions on it. If thats the case fix that as as it will strip your spur. That would be your problem.

Well i have two separate trucks. With with titan motors. The spur and pinion are stock on the new one, but the spur and pinion On the used one is different. The used one has a smaller gear on the transmission and the motor has one that appears to have more teeth than the stock one. They kush ok but there is a lot more noise when rolling it back and forth. Rolls easy enough i guess but just louder. I dunno if the stock one has a plastic spur gear so it is quieter or what. Both are metal on the used one. So as long as a paper fits without any binding it is good. Will probably have to replace a bunch on the used one cuz it looks like it was misused and run hard. Cleaned and lube everything and getting ready to run it and we will see.
    Thanks for anything posted and if anyone else has any advice please it is welcome.
    Last edited by berulakide; 03-02-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Awesome.....and on top of it all the breaks didn't work. Tried all troubleshooting with resting remote and celebrating. And took it outside five min in snow and wouldn't move. Stayed turned on and wouldn't do anything. Help plz.

Ok i found the problem. It was the motor was shot. I hooked up my summit to her esc and it went perfect. So j aka trying to see what i can do. Buddy ripped keep off. I now need a new motor and spur and pinion as well as pivot ball. I spent over $1600 on traxxas stuff and love the trucks but Verry sad only one truck runs.... Feel worse about it cuz she waited weeks to debit and it shit the bed as soon as it was tried out. Lesson learned. Never buy anything used. Especially if it is something fun. Dude even slapped a value of.$750 on it so i had 104 bucks to pay in tax when i got it. Some people are terrible. So here is his name and do no buy anything front him unless you are brave or stupid. Aldo munez from mineola Florida. Never ever again..