Thread: what size tekin

what size tekin

Ok i have the 1/10 summit and am wonderring what size tekin motor and esc to get? I also wonder if ya can use nimh batteries with any motor and esc able to use lipo? I have two of he trucks anyone is new and one is a used one with crapped out out motor. I am looking for a bit more power, well not so much more power but speed And i have heard the tekin is good for the replacement in summit for speed and crawling because it is sensored i think? I thought about getting a bigger spur/pinion As well but don't know what size to get for good speed like prob 45 o so would be plenty. But still have the torque and not bust up the driveline too fast.
    I would appreciate any good and helpful advice. Experienced with this stuff. Thanks
    Last edited by berulakide; 03-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.

rx8/t8 combo, 2250 kv, and id get at least 4s lipo. this would be a very good combo/ batteries to get!!

Ok probably On the motor. Will it work with the nimh though? Just until i can get some lipos too. Prob gonna get some other stuff too for spare parts to have for when stuff beaks. Pick up some lipos later, but will prob get a double charger able to do lipos as well as nimh. Thanks for the info.

it should... u might have to check that bfore you buy it

Yup i will. Its just i have four 5000mah nimh and 2 3000mah's so i have a bunch already and until j figure out how ti charge lipos and stuff and how dangerous they really are cuz i have kids and nice garage. So if obey blows up i dunno. Gonna check them out though cuz know they are more power.