Thread: 1410 being killed by a traxas vxl

1410 being killed by a traxas vxl

Ok, so I have had my 1410 motor for almost a year now. It was replaced once because something stupid happened, but castle had a new one back in just days. But no matter what I do it under performs compared to my old beat up vxl motor from traxxas. I run gens ace 5000mah 40 (about a month old, maybe 5 runs on each pack) and a mmp esc. I have 27 pinion and a 77 spur, the smallest spur I could get at the local hobbytown usa. No matter what settings I play with both on the mmp esc and my fs-gt3b remote, it just doesnt give me the power that the vxl does. Just for kicks this morning I installed the vxl motor with my mmp esc. I just electrical taped the connections together to make up for the 1mm difference in size. I put the blitz outside and drove it around. I was easily 10-15mph faster if not, more than the 1410. And it seemed to have more torque. I think the slipper was about half way, and I was getting wheelies on command (or close to it since it is cold and I still have stock tires).

What do I need to do to get this thing going fast other than go to 3s? I cant make the tripple on the track below that is how bad it is. While people with the vxl installed in 2wd sc can make it over to some extent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku36O1vSfkg

According to the castle chart, I should have an 18-19t pinion and an 88 spur. I think that is actually what comes stock in the car when you buy it. Well, with my gearing I am still seeing motor temps around 130f most of the time.
    Last edited by nerdyrcdriver; 03-04-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    hpi blitz castle mmp and 1410 motor gens ace 5000mah 40c 2s
    merv vxl 3s lipo
    losi micro desert truck bone stock for now

rednecks last words
    "hey yall, watch this"

Ok, so someone on rctech helped me out. Turned out to be a few settings that I screwed up. MUCH more power now!
    hpi blitz castle mmp and 1410 motor gens ace 5000mah 40c 2s
    merv vxl 3s lipo
    losi micro desert truck bone stock for now

rednecks last words
    "hey yall, watch this"