Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rustler VXL question?

Rustler VXL question?

A few days ago, I put my Rustler VXL back together and when I went to drive the truck, I turned the steering wheel and it made the truck drive. The throttle was on the steering now. I checked the receiver and the connection and everythings good. Also checked everything in the manual and tried all the and it still doesn't work! Any ideas?

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    the ESC and steering servo are plugged into the receiver backwards. just swap them and it should be good to go
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Ok! I did that and it still did the same thing.

Try resetting the remote and the esc to factory and recalibrating your remote. But i still think it sounds like what saburbanhooligan said.. And by the way nice pprofile pic, looks like dazed and confused...."I keep getting older and they say the same age" classic..lol
    Last edited by berulakide; 03-06-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling

I lied, I put the plugs in the wrong reciever areas. now the steering works, but the ESC just keeps blinking green.

Relink your remote. Or try holding the mode and set buttons when youvturn on remote and release them it links red; hit the set button and it rests remote ti factory might help.

I deleted model from remote and receiver and it didn't work. also dont the other thing so i dont know

I also rebound it to receiver. Doesn't work!

when you try to bound your remote to your esc the majority of the time unless manual says so you have to have your remote THROTTLE at the neutral position. If there is any dirt or condensation that built up over time on the throttle contacts it will be out of neutral thus not allowing it to verify the position. Just something to think about!

When I had the same issue with my DX3s I found that the throttle was not going back to neutral position i had to take my controller apart and clean the contacts of dirt. Then the next time I tried it ta-da it worked

i have used my remote for my summit and for my rustler vxl. doesnt work. i think its the esc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast