Thread: Traxxas Slash 2wd VXL- I have lost reverse!

Traxxas Slash 2wd VXL- I have lost reverse!

Hi all, I have lost reverse on my vxl-3s set up, I was running with a 3s pack and all of the sudden have lost reverse completely, I tried to recalibrate the esc as per traxxas instruction book, tried doing it in nimh mode (no voltage cutoff) tried in training mode then sport mode but to no avail I am left backwards challenged! any ideas what the issue may be? Im dreading a fried esc reverse function. The led light still opperates normally when I push the trigger forwards, the light turns off once I move off neautral then lights red when I hit 100% reverse just the same as it does for forwards.

!!! COOKED !!! I hate to say it but if you have tried everything from recalibrating to changing the esc setting I would have to say toast. To bad

As cool as some ppl may think it is to run the biggest battery they can in their rc's they never think that pushing the limit of volts/amps would do damage "it says it can handle up to a 3s" this does not mean it is recommended! especially with the Traxxas VXL3s ppl I know as well as myself have cooked our VXL3s.

My recommendation would be to pick up a MMP if you want to stay with 3s and forget about your warranty if you have one with traxxas and go towards Castle or Tekin. You know Castle is doing something right when Traxxas latest XO-1 comes with MMM Castle esc NOT TRAXXAS(Trashthis)

yeah I was kind of expecting that, now to choose either the mmp with 5700kv or just squeeze in a 2200kv and mmm with alloy gear box?

the mmp will work with your Velineon 3500kv motor, I used to use it for racing but rules and track restrictions brought me to the 4600kv. For the price of a new motor combo from Castle you might just want to look into the esc for now, the Velineon has some nice punch to it and is easy/cheap to rebuild when needed. I have one for back up at the track if my 4600kv dies.

I know t sounds stupid btbi have read something about the esc getting wet and having no reverse. But probably toast. Good luck.