Thread: Time for me to do a facepalm!

Time for me to do a facepalm!

The other day I was cleaning out my motor for my summit and I must have been in a hurry and grabbed the WD-40 instead of the motor cleaner since they both had their labels taken off. Now the engine moves the truck for 5 feet then dies! DANG!

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    iv done the same thing. only it didn't cause any problems. hell i used to spray brushed motors out with WD-40 cause i was out of motor spray. it just made the motor shiny and slippery and a dirt/dust magnet.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

oops. lol that sucks bro

Sucks bad i would say. I suggest trying to clean it out with the motor cleaner or maybe even try a non chlorinated break cleaner or something to decrease it. Not sure just what but getting it out should help.

I used the engine break in technique. I put the motor in water for about and hour and ran it for that time! Do you think traxxas could send me a free one. Lifetime electronics warrantee!

Never happen. It is a 30 day warranty and you cannot get anything due to misuse or damage. Sorry to break the crap news. I just tied tut too.