Thread: Esc button stuck D:

Question Esc button stuck D:

Today Is definitely the nicest day so far here. So I charged up and ran outside to run my rc's. But when I went to run my Slash 4x4 I found that right as I hooked up the battery the Esc turned on before I'd even touched the button. Then seconds after the truck enters the program mode due to the button staying down. I don't really know what to do I hear this is a common problem yet the only solution I can find is to send it into Traxxas for them to replace it. So my question is is there any easier home fix I can do so I don't need to wait for a new one? I have the Velinion VXL-3s.

Pull the button out with pliers....if your not concerned with warranty. the plastic button cap is probably just stuck on the inside of the case, if you pull to hard you will pull off the cap but that will only expose the actual button. Thus rendering it none waterproof.

I will say this in this post as well "THE VXL3s ESC IS GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE REPLACED" why do you think even after warranty Traxxas will fix/replace for $50.00 CAD.
    Last edited by Guy_With_RC; 03-06-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    it's probably just got dust and dirt in it causing it to stick. you might be able to spray it out with compressed air or an electronics safe cleaner. but, if you go opening the case you no doubt void the warranty.
    safest thing to do is send it in. a weeks worth of downtime for peace of mind and a free fix is a good trade in my book.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

@suburban

I do agree I will not dissect it. If I cant fix it from the outside then sending it is what ill do.

ya all you have to do is work on just pushin it in and pulling out. that hapens alot on those

Try using rubbing alcohol and a q tip. Make sure a bit of it gets in and do what the other guy said. Try to work the button in and out abduction it may free it up. I do it all the time with game console remotest after they get stuck down or he kids get pop or anything on ire in the buttons. It dries fast and leaves nothing behind for residue either. Hope it helps you some and maybe even saves your sending it away.