Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: noob lipo question

wow hahaha. Ok mrjdgates I get your point lol ty. But as far as 50 % any ideals ?

Sorry guys I'm not meaning to bump. But I got another question. I use the onyx 245 dual charger for my two lipos and ive noticed that the charger says end (finished) and most of the time the charge hasnt reached a full 5000mah, is this normal ? Is it safe to hit the start button again to see if it will finish to the 5000 mark ?

Anyone have any input ??? And as far as storing at half charge does that mean toss the lipo on the charger and wait for it to get to half of the mah capacity ?

AMediaMan,

After you fully charge your batteries, run them for 5-8 minutes. With the Onyx charger, you can check the individual cell voltage. Your time will vary so try different times running them. Turn on your charger and only plug in the balance plug and cycle thru your data settings. This will tell you the voltage of each cell. Hope this helps.
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 mostly stock with some big ass tires.
    Traxxas Stampede with a Velineon blushless system.
    Losi Highroller with a brushless system.
    Traxxas Revo 3.3

Oh, and about the full mah rating, if you do start charging again it will only count what the present charge is charging. Not sure if you will get the full mah rating cause you are stopping the discharge at a preset voltage. If you were to use the full mah then you would dip well below the safe voltage cut off and risk damaging the lipo. That is what I think.
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 mostly stock with some big ass tires.
    Traxxas Stampede with a Velineon blushless system.
    Losi Highroller with a brushless system.
    Traxxas Revo 3.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12