Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: noob lipo question

noob lipo question

I called my LHS about the c rating of a 2s lipo and they told me that with the stock vxl system i would not notice a difference between say a 25c to a 40c. I just wanna know how true this statement really is, any info would be great ty.

stock xl-5 or vxl3?

xl-5....probably not
    vxl3....yes you would see a difference but you will go through your charge a lot faster.

the 25-40c represents the discharge rate of the batt

its the vxl sorry. Well I grabbed a couple of venom 2s 5000 mah 30c lipo's today and regardless of the differences I am more than pleased with them (for now haha) They are certainly much better than the stock batteries. Though all the chatter about lipo's and fires still makes me a little nervous. thnx for your response.

I have never ran NIMH batts, always lipo's and NEVER had a lipo fire before. the lipo's I am currently using are more than a year old and are still as strong as they were new. If you watch your currents when charging and using then you should not have to many issues. Over heating, overcharging, lowering volts to far and abuse are the top reasons for malfunction. Always read information on your batts for safety information on charging and use to further the life of your lipo's and lower the risks of any fires.

when I purchased the 2 lipo's yesterday my lhs talked me into buying the Onyx 245 charger along with them. What are your thoughts about this charger ? good, bad ? It seems to be nice and works well, just wondering if there was anything hidden about it. Also are the charging bags a must ? My lhs gave me 2 of them, I think they were just being nice to me for the money I spent hahaha.

I'm not to familiar with those chargers, as for the lipo bags I personally never owned one. I have been told that they are a protective bag in case of a lipo fire or leak when storing or charging. Not a bad idea to have but like I said I have never owned one so I guess you really don't need one but it never hurts to be carful

I agree and thnx Guy_With_RC. I imagine after time I will get used to them.

i got 8 lipos at the moment and only problems with them were my venom 2s 50c 5000 lipos were bulging from abuse (: and my LHS took them and replaced all of them for free. i have the onyx 245 and my first one i had the LED screen go out and onyx replaced it for free and my second one is still running strong no problems with it and has a 5 year warranty i have no complaints and lipo bags are just a "safety feature" i have one but rarely use it unless storing batteries for long periods of time when im not paying attention to them at all
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

Thnx ian2 for the info. I do have another question though. I have been reading alot about storing your lipos. How does one go about getting them charged to only 50% for storage ?

I personally use the lipo bags.. Murphy's Law

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to go to the rest room.
    Law of Gravity - Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
    Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
    Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
    Law of the Alibi - If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tyre, the very next morning you will have a flat tyre.
    Guy's Variation Rider - If you change queues or traffic lanes, the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now. This also works in supermarkets and shops.
    Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
    Decree of Close Encounters - The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with. This is also the case if you are female and you have gone out with no makeup and wearing your worst clothes and with greasy hair.
    Murphy's Office Law - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will. Will also finds this when he shows someone that something on the computer is easy and it doesn't work.
    Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
    Law of the Theatre - At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle arrive last.
    The Starbucks Edict - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
    Murphy's Law of Lockers -If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
    Law of Physical Surfaces -The chances of an open-faced marmalade sandwich landing face down on a floor covering are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet.
    The Conundrum of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the shoe fits, it's ugly.
    Oliver's Rule of Public Speaking - A closed mouth gathers no feet. Will's favourite!
    Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.
    Doctors' Law- If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better. Don't make an appointment and you'll stay sick.
    Will and Guy's Law - If you don't save things on your computer you will, sooner rather than later, delete them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast