Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wots your 1st rc car or truck

I had a tamiya ta04 subaru wrx rally car, 4 wheel belt drive then hopped it up with the full bearing kit, then a dr speed motor and esc wow that thing was fast back in the day (1998) gave it to my cousin after owning it for year or so. My 2wd vxl slash on 3s and 31/76 gearing is way faster though!

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easydozit View Post
    The high speed needle must have broke or came loose about ten times was loose from the factory, my first run my break melted don't really remember why ,an any tiny jump I would make the thing would break, I pretty much chalked it up to me getting a lemon cause it just never worked from day one really
    funny you should say that. 2 of my friends started off in the hobby by going down that same road. one with a nitro 4tec and one with a nitro sport. which i believe used the same engine. those engines SUCKED! temperamental and unreliable. they had the same issue with the high speed needle, that thing would back itself out while you were driving. drove everybody nuts.

did yours eat a lot of glow plugs to?
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Black Dynamite
    Traxxas Rustler Brushless. That's my baby boy!!

Quote Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
    funny you should say that. 2 of my friends started off in the hobby by going down that same road. one with a nitro 4tec and one with a nitro sport. which i believe used the same engine. those engines SUCKED! temperamental and unreliable. they had the same issue with the high speed needle, that thing would back itself out while you were driving. drove everybody nuts.

did yours eat a lot of glow plugs to?
    Yes it ate a lot of everything including my money, lol

I had a old rusty with the cheap chrome wheels with MSC, I though that thing was so cool when i got it. Thats the days when the hottest ESC on the market was the Novak Super Rooster. Brings back some classic memories, Just like if you threw anything in more powerful than the O so powerful 20 turn stinger you would strip idler gears like it was cool haha

Mine was the bandit XL-5 upgraded to velineon 3500 system and ten I got the helion animus sc. They both r awesome.

Can't remember the first its been to long ago. But now that I'm getting back into it. The rusty vxl.

My first hobby grade was a Robotronic EST-2 truggy. It was a beast...

hey mine was a traxxas t-max 1.5 had 2 and a traxxas rustler electric(very slow)

In 6th grade I got a Losi Mini-T and that's what started the addiction. I quit for a few years and picked up a HPI Savage XS SS so I guess you can also say that is my first RC or at least my second first RC lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast