Thread: Upgrading to lipo

Question Upgrading to lipo

Can someone guide me to a good source for lipo battery safety/care specifically for RC batteries? I'm looking to upgrade to lipo but have read conflicting info on the do's and don'ts of lipo battery charging, storage, care, uses, discharge rates, etc. I've been watching videos of peoples cars melting from exploding lipos therefore I would like to gather as much reliable information before I get into using them. I would like to be able to take care of my lipo's and get the most out of them.

Thanks
    If you're in control then you're not driving fast enough...

The really are not that hard to take care of. Just follow the instructions and you should be ok. Its not like you are riding with glass in your truck ready to break at any moments notice

Yeah, since this post I've learned everything I need to know about lipos. They're not a huge hazard as I previously thought.
    If you're in control then you're not driving fast enough...

check out hobbypartz.com they have great and cheap lipo batteries and some are in hardcases for offroad rcs and check them out on facebook they giving out free batteries every weekday thats where i got one for free.

Here is the link of the facebook. will have fun there.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/142113739240683/