Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant make my mind up on what to get next!

I cant make my mind up on what to get next!

Anyone ever feel like a kid in a candy shop with all the rc wizardry to choose from in the hobby shops these days?
    I sure do, I thought I had my heart set on a 1/10 summit and then I seen the e-maxx brushless in its all its glory, then an e-revo brushless follwed by the HPI Vorza!
    Now each one of these will be a great basher I will probably use it only for bashing since theres no racing where I live
    I love the idea of the summit for its versatility, waterproof design, and I love the look of the thing.
    The e-maxx for its stance, size, power, and looks
    The e-revo for same as e-maxx only it handles better though I think the e-maxx looks better
    The Vorza looks insane just not much ground clearance, heaps of power, nice aluminium components, race bred design massive top speed abilities.

What would you choose and why? I have gone over this in my mind for too long and Im no closer to making a decsion!
    In a perfect world I would choose the summit, vorza, and emaxx..........and the e-revo!

Im also considering the stampede 4x4 vxl for its a bit cheaper lighter and dare I say more durable, it would make a great bmx track or skate park basher

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    personally speaking if it was me deciding on what to spend my own money on (and setting aside my personal dislike of traxxas). if i needed ground clearance id go stampede 4x4. or if it was in the budget the revo. but if i didn't need the ground clearance, id go vorza.

why? the stampede is probably the only modern traxxas that i can't hate on. the 4x4 should fix most if not all of the minor or inconvenient issues the 2wd stampede had.
    why the revo over the maxx and summit? i just hate the maxx trucks. they need hop ups, bad! and iv gotten my hands on some pretty hopped up one's and still didn't like it. and i just don't like the summit. it's supposed to be a trail rig or something. it's not. independent suspension doesn't work on trails. i view that truck as nothing but a slow moving gimmick filled revo. it doesn't do anything that a revo can't do.
    terrain pending why the vorza over the MT's? better handling, equal if not better durability, equal speed capable. 1/8 buggy's are virtually unstoppable unless you need a good amount of ground clearance. one of the best bashers iv ever gotten my hands on was an 1/8 buggy. they just do everything so well and with so much control.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

I pretty much agree with everything the above poster just said except I don't hate traxxas but I would stay away from the Maxx for sure the Revo I like but its not cheap but by far the two best I would say stamped 4x4 or the vorza an between those too I'd say stampede

hmmmmm its a bloody tough decision to have to make, I have the slash 2wd vxl for speedy bashing but its poor ground clearance hinders me, it doesnt like jumping even at slow speeds, feels like it bottoms out easy, I will try fitting stampede wheels and moving the A arms up a notch on the carrier to lift it up a tad then gear it low for bashing see if that makes a difference, Im still no closer on the next addition to the fleet but I would love the summit or pede, too much speed seems to destroy things too easily I think

Elk i don't really hate anything, but agree and disagree with the above. I have heard alot of good about the pede 4x4. With that said i have a summit, wndi think i dare say i have had it some places i know you could get your erevobunless you swap out some gears and givebit sonera locking diff...bit doesn't have true locked diff or quite he same gearing. No low gear for slow glawming and rock crawling. Sure would be fun but two diff machines made off the same chassis. So there are alotbto similarities. But i say it depends on what the guy is gonna do with it. If not offroad much no Ned for the summit. Jumps bracing j wouldbgo erevo and if your budget was tight wiykd go pedestrians. The vorza is something i don't know alot about.
    Hope it helps.

I'd say Pede 4x4 about the only Traxxas vehicle I like. Summit and Maxx are nice, but you need dual batteries and they are massive and much more expensive.

The only down side about the 4x4, is lack of RPM arms. I don't think you need them anyway, but other then that Stampede is the winner
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

I have only owned a summit, so it is kinda a bias opinion. But it is awesome. Also expensive. The pedestrians is gonna.be my choice for ky kids first truck cuz it will be small enough for them yet big enough for them to use as they grow. The size is part of why i wanted the summit i guess. The price didn't really care about cuz that is what i ws set on... So i got one and one for my fiance too... We can play together now. Yes they take two batteries but it is worth it.. Kinda need two batts for something that big eh? Makes it heavy but fun.

Yes I am thinking of getting the summit now. I had good look over one today and was impressed at how well built they are, with a few aftermarket parts they will be a sturdy basher, rather heavy which I like but at a slower top speed they will do less damge to themselves and to what they hit.

Hopefully you like it. They are pretty pricey, but in my opinion for what they do they are worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast