Thread: Rustler or Bandit??

Rustler or Bandit??

I want to get either the Bandit or Rustler for my next RC. I've got an E-maxx and Stampede and would like to get more of an onroad rc, preferably Traxxas. I'm leaning towards the Bandit because I've never owned a buggy before and it looks cool, plus its fairly cheap and my LHS has alot of parts for Traxxas rc's. I've heard the Bandit handles really well onroad, better than the Rusty, and it's a bit lighter. Plus my Stampede is currently set up alot like a Rustler (lowered chasis, piston rod limiters, Road Rage II 2.2" wheels...basically an onroad setup). Anyone have any experience with the Bandit?
    If you're in control then you're not driving fast enough...

I DO!!! Anyway ya I have the bandit and I bought it brushed and then went with the velineon 3500 motor and VXL-3s ESC combo. (highly recommend that upgrade IF you r gonna by it brushed). Ya like u said, it is a speed demon and loves the road. But if u do get it for the road I HIGHLY, HIGHLY suggest that you get the anacondas 2.2 rear tires because the stock alias nubby tires will last you about 2 to 3 days onroad. It will also handle some grass but not really tall grass. And because it is so light it can skip on the surface of hard snow ( if u get any snow cause I live in Wisconsin so we get lots of snow ). I haven't broken anything but a front bulkhead ( it was entirely my fault cause I ran 3/4 speed into a really big rock and the bulkhead broke by the aarm. Also I cracked the rear shock tower ( somehow, cause I don't remember how but I think because I was jumping it off my big half pipe and it cartwheeling ). But other than that it was fine. And for offroad tires I went with the Pro-Line badlands 2.2 truck tire and they are awesome (highly recommend that buy). Sorry for such along reply but I just wanted to tell u everything that i know about it. Hope this helps

P.S: it is also just as waterproof as it can be. Which makes it just that much more fun
    Last edited by rcman; 03-19-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Forgot how to spell words

Thanks for the long reply rcman! I've been doing alot of research on it and I think I'll like it, plus I've got some future plans for it...Also, I don't think I'll ever get a brushed RC unless I get another E-Maxx.
    If you're in control then you're not driving fast enough...