Thread: To buy or not to buy?

To buy or not to buy?

I need some advise. A guy on our local craigslist board has a traxxas rustler vxl with the velenion brushless system, 7cell 5000mah nimh pack with transmitter rtr and a rc10t4 roller with steering servo and slipper clutch. He says he also has a quick charge also. I have a complete T4 of my own, just looking to add to my rc collection. He says he has a traxxas system with a 20 turn brushed motor for the T4, just needs a receiver and transmitter. I can get all this for $150, is this a steal or is it to good to be true?
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

it is to go to be true. only get what you came for.

If the brushless Rustler is in good shape (at least the ESC/motor) I would say it's not a bad deal.
    If you're in control then you're not driving fast enough...

$150.00 is not a bad price to pay for VXL and a t4, does sound a little to good to be true imo.....I would guess the VXL is dead or just about to die, common for the VXL3. Parts truck for you t4 never hurts too, you can never have to many parts when it comes to AE.....I know I own 2 SC10's

If it's local try to get him/her to meet you instead of money order or pay-pal. That way you can see for yourself if everything is just as described. You can also test the VXL system to see if everything is in working order, if you cant meet up somewhere I would try to get the Rustler without the VXL and offer $100.00 for everything excluding the VXL.

If the VXL is in working condition he should have no issues getting $100.00 just for that system, this would mean he is only asking $25 for everything else, doesnt sound right to me.

Yeah i will be able to meet to complete the sale and test the rustler for sure. I'm just not sure about buying used but i guess that's with anything. Just never bought a used rc before.
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!