Thread: Which buggy

Which buggy

Hey everyone, i was wondering if i could get some buggy help. Can you please recomend to me a 1/10 buggy with lots of upgradable parts, waterproof/ resistant, around the $250 mark, really tough, and brushless. I know i have lots of specifications but i want a new car. Thx for any help!

WOW thats a tall order for only $250.00. My guess would be Traxxas Bandit might be your best best.....never owned one so it's just a shot in the dark here.

RTR XL-5 brushed waterproof around $199.00 ..... http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/2405bandit

RTR XVL3s brushless waterproof around $329.99 ..... http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/2407banditVXL

Almost everything else that's a buggy is usually for a race application, yes they do have upgrades but are not built for a lot of strength as opposed to lightweight for speed/handling.

Hey, ya sorry i ment to say $250- about $350 range, i was in a hurry out the door so i tried to shorten it...is the b4.1 rtr any good? Ive read and heard different things about it... I was also thinking of maybe a truggy. Like the evader BL or the ofna 10tt. Evader cuz of its stress tech and durability, but 10tt for looks and upgradable parts...i am really confufled. If there is any truggy or buggy in that pricepoint range that you think i may like, please just leave the name of it so i can look it up. Thx for the help.

OFNA comes race ready for the most part... as rollers you just pick you brand of electronics/nitro and go... most electronics are not waterproof, but if there is a will ..there is a way... (note waterproofing will void warranties) Traxxas RC's comes water proof. Like Novak are water resistant.... but not water proof .. if you look on youtube (Squirrel, DJMedic, RCnightmare), and others have done many helpful ways to keep the elements out of your electronics. Now if you are looking at water proof RTR , go with Traxxas ...but if you are looking to race, visit your local track and see what ever one else has and racing .. / Tekin/Novak have wonderful ESC (also haven't had problems with the Castle Creations SCT combos as long as you watch the heat) , servos SAVOX and HiTec, radios ...I haven't had any problems with the Flysky system I have ..batteries .. sky lipos and gens ace../ charger ..I have a cheap one from hobbypartz . most the time they are out of stock .. so keeping all the things you would need to buy with an OFNA kit/roller , the Traxxas RTR should be looking better ....

You could try looking at he hpi flux buggy. I have no idea what it is like or if waterproof but lots of power for sure.

Hey i was also wondering if there is alot of upgradable parts for exeed cars.

Exceeds parts ,Not at local level hobby stores, can buy the stuff online, ...

And if you are wanting something that brussless and lipo ready / and can get local hobby store help with, losi mini eight..

To get a good brushless buggy, your're looking at WAY more than $250.

The Bandit is the only water proof buggy out there ATM really, but I have a B4RS, 5 years old now. The tranny and diff have held up for that long with almost 0 maintenance and 2 brushless systems. Even when it was stock brushed, I was beating most of the guys around our local track. The Losi 22 RTR is a beauty too, but much much too over priced.

If you want to bash, I'd lean towards more of the Stadium Truck side (I think that's what you mean by Truggy?, I think of truggies like the 1/8 scale type). And that's where your market gets bigger. Traxxas, DuraTrax, HPI, Associated, Losi all make brushless RTR. The HPI and Traxxas are waterproof.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.