Thread: Buying for First time need help

Bblaze

Buying for First time need help

Hi all

I am very new to Rc, and i am looking to get more involved in it. The only Rc's i have driven are my dads Team associated Rc10 t2 and t4. My dad has hooked on BASHING his RCs. So he told me to look around and find a car i liked. He also told me that i would be doing all the maintenance on the car and not to spend more the $350. So I am looking at buy a ready-to-run Team Associated Rc10 T4.1 Brushless. I was wondering if i can get some opinions on this car, or if there is another Brushless Trucks any one could recommend to me that would be great.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    T4.1 is a great truck. and a good choice for a first vehicle. even better sense you and your dad already have some experience with the T4 and AE in general.

there are a few other stadium trucks out there. traxxas rustler, duratrax evader, hpi e-firestorm, and probably a few more i can't remember off the top of my head. my personal opinion is that the T4.1 is the best option. best handling, best parts support, from what iv seen durability is good, it's a more current up to date design, it might not be as fast out of the box as the others, but that's what aftermarket motors and ESC's are for. it's fully raceible if you ever want to get into racing.

the rustler is a good truck. but it's an old platform. it's fast in a straight line and it's durable, but that's about all it's got going for it.

the evader is a good entry level truck. it's based off (or should i say "is" ?) an old losi chassis so it handles well. it's pretty damn fast, is pretty durable and comes with the 1 year stress tech guarantee. if you brake the part they replace it free the first year. parts support is typically good.

the e-firestorm is probably the second best option you could go with. fast, durable, handles well, good parts support in most areas. it's good at everything, but not great at anything.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

I have had my T4 for 8 months now and i can tell u for the money it is well worth it. Everything is still currently stock on mine for now but their are many options out there for upgrades.
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

The T4.1 is a great truck ... but dont get the RTR get a kit to build yourself ... then if somthing breaks (and it will at some point) you will have some idea how to replace it.

[QUOTE=rampitdave;26556]The T4.1 is a great truck ... but dont get the RTR get a kit to build yourself ... then if somthing breaks (and it will at some point) you will have some idea how to replace it.[/QUOTE This is true, if u build it u will be much more familiar with the entire truck in general. I have had to learn the truck by simply replacing parts and general maintenace, it's up to u. This is not the fastest ruck out of the box but in general i believe it is ur best bang for ur buck. I love my T4!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!