Thread: Traxxas rustler vxl vs bandit vxl

Traxxas rustler vxl vs bandit vxl

I'm I'm the market for a new truck. I narrowed it down to the rustler , bandit and maybe stampede . What's the difference between the bandit and rustler ? What's better for just messing around ? What one has better strength ? Any info is very appreciated.

3 completely different RC's
    * rustler = stadium truck
    * bandit = buggy
    * stampede = truck

all are good for what they are and for what they are intended for, my suggestion is to YOU-TUBE it for an idea on what you can do with each and reviews then make your own opinion on what is the best choice for what your looking to do with it.

Everyone has an opinion on why they would choose one thing over the other but we all will never treat our RC's the same, with that in mind no-ones opinion will sway you one way or the other. IMO the stampede sounds more of what you would be looking for, very strong, lots of optional parts, parts are easy to find. I could go on about these but you should look them up and see what you think.

all good models to choose from I would say the stampede too, mainly because its 4wd, ground clearance, bigger tyres and I like monster trucks! I chose a slash 2wd 6 months ago and love it its basically the same as those above 3 mentioned with a few different parts, I love it, goes fast bashes well and is easy to work on, one thing I wish I did different was get the 4wd model, mainly because it has braking to all 4 wheels when you need it! in the 2wd set up when you apply brakes its identical to someone using just the emergency brake in a full size car meaning only the rear tyres are doing the braking, having 4wd while braking is soooo much smoother and quicker to stop, also mid air the car has more leveling ability with all 4 wheels generating enertia

The regular Stampede is only 2wd, the 4x4 model is $400+ and well worth it. I would recommend the Stampede of the three because of it's offroad capabilities in comparison to the others. The Bandit is fun, but not really designed to be bashed and jumped (though it can handle it).
    If you're in control then you're not driving fast enough...

I would go with the Traxxas Rustler because not only it can take a beating, but its pretty fast and fun to play with, it has a lot of upgradeable parts and its great for any one to drive. The only thing i noticed different from the B. and R., is the body, the shocks, and arrangement of parts.

rustler vxl, more upgrades available than the bandit, and not at big as the stampede, plus its faster.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    rustler vxl, more upgrades available than the bandit, and not at big as the stampede, plus its faster.
    This thread is over a year old...just FYI. Most of the upgrades for the Rustler will fit the Bandit, there are only a few differences between the two.

I'm about to get a Stampede, it's in the mail... can't wait to take it out and tear up the hills!