Thread: Opinions and advice :)

Opinions and advice :)

hey guys i have watched most of your guys videos and was wondering in your opinion what would be a good vehicle to start with and size on or off road
    for just fun around the house and country etc.???

i think the redcat 1/24 sumo is good for in the house because it is small but you still have the speed to do jumps and tricks
    for outdoors i would recommend that you go with the traxxas slash or the ECX torment. they are both really durable trucks and lots of fun.

well if you just starting. you have the choice of getting something cheap like a redcat or another cheap "off brand" that do a nice job at introducing you and giving you a feel for the hobby but they dont hold together all that well. so im my opinion you best bet would be to get something 1/10 for durability (1/18, 1/16 no were near as strong) and get something with a name for part support. for a start getting something easy to work on also helps. so anything 2wd would be perfect, but you can always get 4wd... the Traxxas Slash 2wd is a fantastic kit. you can purchase the brushed version piddle around with it until you develop your driving skills then go on a website like hobbypartz or hobbyking and purchase you a brushless system and a lipo set up. you can also do that with kits such as the HPI blitz, Traxxas stampede, rustler, Team Associated SC10. kits along those lines
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

+1 for the slash. It's what I started with. I got the 2wd and upgrade to brushless and still love it! If I had it to do over again, I'd get the platinum edition. You'll get board with the brushed version very quickly.

Look at 1/10 cars. They are easier to work on. I would reccomend a Traxxas because if it's your first RC, parts are readily available.