Thread: Best class or RC for jumping/bashing

Best class or RC for jumping/bashing

I am getting back into RC after having been gone for many years. I am mainly interested in jumping/bashing. Can anyone make recommendations on what class of model is best (2wd/4wd)(short course truck/monster truck/buggy)?

I have a Traxxas Rustler VXL, Mini E-Revo VXL, and Slash 4x4 VXL. Out of them all the Slash 4x4 and Rustler are the better jumpers. I would go with Traxxas if you are getting into back into the hobby because they have great customer service and hobby stores usually carry there parts. Basically pick the one you like, watch some reviews on YouTube, read about abd go from there.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    if all you're going to do is bash you can't really go wrong with a monster truck. maybe check out an HPI savage.
    short course is all the rage right now. if you want something that handles better you could go that route.
    if you've got the money 1/8 buggys are good handling indestructible cars with awesome bashing potential. everybody goes crazy for the ofna buggys.

what manufactures and types of vehicles did you run back in the day?
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter