Thread: ******BEC help******

Question ******BEC help******

Hey guys, If you Esc turned your receiver on and within a couple of mili seconds it turns it of. Does that mean its time for bec because thats what my local hobby store said.

Thanks Tom Revelly

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    so let me see if iv got this right. you plug the battery in. turn the ESC power switch on and within a second it looses all power as if the battery is dead?

you could try a receiver pack but to me that sounds more like an ESC problem. has the ESC been run to hot? has it gotten wet? have you hooked up the battery backwards? have you left the battery in and connected for a long period of time? are the connectors on the battery and ESC in good working order? BEC's don't just crap out for no reason.

what electronics do you have and what car are they in?
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

May be the esc's built in BEC. Try buying a glitch busting capacitor and plug it into an extra slot on the reciever and see if it still is having issues.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

I am new to this forum so I don't have a knowledge of the BES.So I want to get some information about BES.So anybody can give me a information about this BES.I am waiting for reply.
    Auto rc toy is good for kids.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    BEC stands for "battery elimination circuit".
    the circuit powers the steering servo and Rx via the RC's main battery that is plugged into the ESC. so it eliminates the need for a separate battery pack (called a receiver pack which is usually made up of 4 or 5 AA size cells) to run the Rx and servo
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Nice for giving very useful information about BEC.Now I know that very well.I am very thankful to you.But I have a one question that how can be useful in cars or other electronics.I want to know that so if you know that please give me a reply.
    Auto rc toy is good for kids.