Thread: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Body

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Body

I recently got a Slash 4x4 and I've noticed the body likes to crack. Once I need to get a new one, I need some suggestions. I want to paint it, but I'm worried about cutting out. If I get like a Jconcepts I will need some help with tools. I've also noticed that Jconcepts bodies have a blue-ish look. I want to paint it white, so will the lexan color change the color of the paint. I really need help on choosing a body.
    Thanks,
    -TraxxasAllOut

cutting it out I mean.

Look around on here:

http://prolineracing.com/traxxas-slash-4x4/
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

I've looked at tons of bodies but I need suggestions one which is a good body that is easy to cut out. I've painted a body before but I've never cut one out.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    I've also noticed that Jconcepts bodies have a blue-ish look. I want to paint it white, so will the lexan color change the color of the paint. I really need help on choosing a body.
    Thanks,
    -TraxxasAllOut
    the body is clear, the blue-ish look could be one of 2 things.
    1. lighting for the photo. it's hard to photograph a clear body and using colored lights to lightly tint the body helps it show up.
    or 2. it's the over spray film on the outside of the body. which gets peeled off after you've painted the body (just make sure you remember to remove it before putting the stickers on. hey, iv seen people forget)
    Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 06-05-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Thanks. I'll have to post some pictures of my Rustler body. One more thing, are non-cut bodies hard to trim out.
    Thanks,
    -TraxxasAllOut

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    not with the right tools. a good pair of body scissors and a hobby knife are a must. it's also handy to have a rotary tool with some kind of sanding bit on it. otherwise your going to be sitting there whittling down small imperfections with a hobby knife and sand paper.

another tip, if the body mounting holes do not come pre-drilled. mount the body and drill the holes before you paint it, it makes the job a lot easier. a reamer works best. but drill bits get the job done
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter