Thread: Basic ESC and Motor Electrical questions

Basic ESC and Motor Electrical questions

I'm getting back into the sport after about 25 years and I'm trying to get up to speed on some of the abriviations regarding the electronics.

Regarding the Motor - When it says "Voltage Input: 2S max" what does that mean?

Regarding the ESC - When it says "Voltage Input: 2S-3S LiPo (7.4V-11.1V)" does that mean 2 and 3 cell LiPos with voltage output between 7.4V and 11.1V?

My dad was an electrician so I never had to worry about these things. If you know of any youtube videos or online post that I can brush up on to get smart about electronics please share them.

Thanks for the help.

when motor says "2s MAX" them you can oly run up to 2s lipo on that motor and nothing higher. when the esc say 2-3s then you can only run 2s to 3s lipos on that esc and nothing higher. if you run anythin higher than recommended then you run the risk of burning up your electronics. hope this helped some.

2s mean that you can only run 2s lipo for the motor
    when it says that for the esc it means it can handle a 3s lipo but the motor cant so that will have to be changed if you want to run 3s
    this video is done by squirrelod
    he explains everything you need to know about electrical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4zF_RmPskg