Thread: What surface motors to use for this 6x6 amphibious monster??

What surface motors to use for this 6x6 amphibious monster??

I am building a new project and am curious what motors I should be running.
    I will be using basically the powertrain out of a spartan (but with 2 motors) for the marine part of it but am not sure what to run for surface motors.
    I will be running each wheel off a single motor (was thinking tekin 55T for each wheel but wasen't sure if they will be enough). I am not looking for speed and would be fine with it going 5mph or so.
    I can imagine this thing will be pretty damn heavy when it finished.
    282279_10151035937265280_659294783_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Laynehip View Post
    I am building a new project and am curious what motors I should be running.
    I will be using basically the powertrain out of a spartan (but with 2 motors) for the marine part of it but am not sure what to run for surface motors.
    I will be running each wheel off a single motor (was thinking tekin 55T for each wheel but wasen't sure if they will be enough). I am not looking for speed and would be fine with it going 5mph or so.
    I can imagine this thing will be pretty damn heavy when it finished.
    282279_10151035937265280_659294783_n.jpg
    I would use traxxas evx2 escs and then 2 Titan 775 motors or desalt motors they are water proof and tons of torc

I really like the Titan 775 motor idea. I would like to use 6 though.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to run 3 of those motor off of 1 traxxas esc.
    And would I need a monster battery (10000mah+) to get any kind of decent run time?

yes i would imagine that would be heavy is it gonna have an "argo" body on it but the tekin would be a good setup but i would go for something a little bit more powerful like the titan 775 but then you would be pushin the weight limit
    my garage
    hpi mini recon
    older T A tc3 electric i think
    still looking for anything cheap

real garage
    1983 honda shadow 750

Quote Originally Posted by Laynehip View Post
    I really like the Titan 775 motor idea. I would like to use 6 though.
    Does anybody know if it is possible to run 3 of those motor off of 1 traxxas esc.
    And would I need a monster battery (10000mah+) to get any kind of decent run time?
    Ehh not 3 you might be able to run 3 Titan 550 motors off 1 evx2

If you run say 2 motors on each esc and ran 3escs you could controll the front middle and rear wheals individually like a dig system on crawlers.

Then run a front and rear steer. I'm gonna build one if you don't mine me using your chassis idea?

Yikes I haven't been on here in forever. It is totally fine to use my chassis idea Boston2612.
    I am in a weird period where I finished school/looking for work so I don't really have the money to do much on this project right now. Next up is to purchase 6 transmissions (1 for each wheel) and trying to get the drivetrain set up and have a rolling chassis.
    Hopefully I will have some progress pics up soon.

I finished mine man I got those swimming fun noodles and it now floats I did 3 escs with a 5 channel remote front mid and rear motors can go independently its cool

wow, thats really impressive! Could u make a video?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler