Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TraxxasAllOut

Thread: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Custom Body!

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Custom Body!

Here is the finished product! This is the Jconcepts Illuzion Raptor SVT! Painted with Spazstix Extreme White, backed with Spazstix High Gloss Black, and tinted with Pactra Candy Red. I put some Traxxas foam washers around the body post holes. One side note, I'm not using Spazstix again. Next time I am not using Spazstix paint. It came out weird and I'm lucky the body came out how I wanted it. Thanks!

The windows are darker the camera just doesn't pick it up.

Last edited by TraxxasAllOut; 07-14-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    suburban_hooligan likes this.

Dude that's awesome! Great job.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    looks kick ass!
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Thanks! Never buy SpazStix paint though. It's absolute crap. It's started to flake off so now I have electrical tape on the inside of my body.

And I washed the body. I should've used Pactra Sprint White To late! lol

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    did you use like 400 wet/dry sandpaper or a red scotch brite to scuff up the inside of the body before you cleaned it and painted it? scuffing it makes the paint stick better. it has all the scratch marks to get into and adhere to. helps prevents flaking and pealing.

you might be able to salvage the paint job. go over and scuff up the areas where the paint is flaking with a red scotch brite. and then repaint them. and remember, several light coats work better than one or two thick coats.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

I didn't scuff up the inside, but with my Rustler VXL body I didn't and the paint sticked fine. I've heard problems with SpazStix paint chipping. Thanks for the advice though!