Thread: Need A hand picking a grass runner

BishopStrife

Need A hand picking a grass runner

I'm looking for either a truck, buggy, or monster truck for running in the grass. Not like tall weeds and stuff but like 3-6 inch grass depending on how often I mow .

I'm not set on scale, I've looked at anything between a losi mini 8eight and a 1/5 gas.

I was all set to buy a losi ten scte roller but I'm not sure how effective it would be for running in the lawn...I also started putting the pieces together and was way over a grand.

That speaks to the fact that I have no RC experience, I'll need to grab transmitter, batteries charger etc etc.

I'de like to come in under a a grand total (including decent radio, charger, batteries, hop ups and spares, at least a good starter selection.

I have no local hobby shop so everything I buy will be online.

So all in all I want a RC that will be durable, fun and will run well on grass, I'm not going to be racing at all. I may run it on a bit of pavement and a little dirt but figure 80 percent running on grass.

Is there anything that fits the bill for this? I think I'de also like to stay electric unless theres a good reason not to. Also price isnt fixed at a grand, If i can find what I want cheaper thats great is it costs a bit more I can swing a little more.

Thanks all

You should get a monster truck cause its got the ground clearance and traxxas is an awesome beginner company so im gonna say like the stampede 4x4 or the emaxx (brushed or brushless). but if you dont like any of those 2 i would say get something 4WD cause you can get all the traction when your running in the grass. Hope this helps
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    look no further than this
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

seriously we can only load one video at a time?
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

running video 1

running video 2

Ya, the thunder tiger would be a good choice.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

BishopStrife
    Thanks guys, Yeah I'de been looking at that but its not being re released until september. Looks like an awesome truck though.