Thread: Help for first rc purchase!

Help for first rc purchase!

I recently have been interested in the rc hobby. I drove my friends traxxas slash this past week, and now I really want to buy a rc offroad car/truck/buggy. The only problem is that I would like to get a rtr one that is not too expensive. If at all possible I would like to stay below $250. I want one that I can bash around in the woods, and around the neighborhood. I will also be wanting to take it to a dirt track with jumps so I need it to be durable. Please if anyone has some suggestions feel free to post a a comment. It will be much appreciated and thanks again.

The Traxxas Rustler. It's a great beginner truck. Only thing is, if you get the brushed version, the motors like to burn out.

Thanks I never looked at the rustler. I have mainly been looking at the bandit. Also do you recommend buying it from a particular website or just a local hobby shop?

you should get the slash rtr its a bit pricey but its a great truck and it is almost indestructable it is not muer but much of a racer but its loads of fun

you should get an RC Velociraptor. The dinosaur will run faster than anything youll ever see.

Hey try out a slash. Very fun. And they are nice and pretty strong

the bandit is an excellent choice and it was and still is my first ever hobby-grade rc car. I would recommend buying it from a local hobby shop jsut to support them plus you wouldnt need to pay those stupid shipping fees
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

all though there arent any REAL upgrades like wheels, tires, links, aarms and so on. so I would say get the rustler to start and its only 10-15 bucks more and its the same chassis as the bandit so internally its not that different.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

I would go with the rustler because it is almost the same as the bandit, just with a little more stability. Look on youtube and some peoples reviews and comments on both cars and see which one you like better.

anything from traxxas or hpi
    traxxas is better though because you can get parts anywhere and you have more selection of cars and bodys to fit you