Thread: Drifting not Fixing

Question Drifting not Fixing

My friend and I are looking to buy electric drifters. My friend is new to RC entirely but we are both new to drifting. We are both looking to get the same car so I can be more familiar with them when my friend decides I should do all of his cars maintenance ;D However I wont always be there so we need something that doesn't require too much work. Not that we don't expect to break them but you know... So we are mostly looking at HPI's Sprint 2 Drift. Is there anything that would suit us better still in the $250 area?

The hpi sprint 2 is a good car but you may be happier with either the hpi e10 or the associated tc4 since they are both shaft driven so will require a little less maintenance.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Look at the 1/8 Exceed RC Mad Drift for 229.99

http://www.nitrorcx.com/52c76-maddrift-350tt-blue-brushless-limite.html

P.S: It comes with (2) 3300mAh 2s Sky LiPo LiPos
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Well, I do own a Traxxas Slash 4x4 and a Rustler vxl. I run them both daily and don't have much trouble maintaining them. Would a sprint 2 drift or any other suggested drifter in its range of performance and price be any harder to keep healthy?

@ Rcman
    Ill have to look into it a little more but so far this thing seems perfect for us. 2 Lipos and a Brushless motor? Sounds like this thing is well worth its money. But what about aftermarket parts? When the time comes I want to make my drifter unique. Would this car be easy to find performance parts, different shells and lights and stuff like Hpi's sprints and Tamiya's drifters? (Not to familiar with drifters out there yet) But either way my friend just wants to Drift and couldn't care less what it looks like so this one seems perfect for him.
    Last edited by SketchyRC; 09-06-2012 at 02:03 AM.

There are aftermarket parts for every rc car out there some where. you just need to find it. ill look for some and i will post some if i can find any later. im packing up to go home now from school.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Awesome thanks you are being a great help. I just dont like that wide body 350z from the side it just doesn't look like its fits right. I don't know what it is but id like to make it look more scale and less toyish... I dunno maybe its just me.

no its not just you, im sure that you could find a different body for it. Scale is usually a lot cooler. your welcome for helping.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

but watch URC's review of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78acKYIYsfg
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless