Thread: Best Basher?

Best Basher?

Looking to buy 4x4 truck to just do bashing with. New to the whole rc thing and would like some idea. Im not going to race just bash.

Traxxas Slash 4x4. But if you are gonna upgrade, Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum edition. The Slash is the best baster out there because of its durability and because the world of upgrades to make it even more durable. The regular slash 4x4 is RTR and the Platinum edition has everything except for the battery, charger, remote, and receiver. Some of the upgrades on the Ultimate are Big-Bore shocks, center differential, aluminum parts and a clear body to paint. I myself being thirteen would choose the Platinum edition because its a little cheaper than the RTR, and because i have all the other parts needed and because I think that it has a better value for the dollar. Look them over and just decide which one you want. But you also should look at the stampede 4x4 because it basically is a slash thats higher off the ground, with a shorter wheel base and bigger tires. Both have got the be the best bashers ever. Sorry about the legnth of this post

Slash 4x4: http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6808slash4x4

Slash 4x4 Platinum: http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6804slash4x4platinum
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks for the help. Those are the two i was considering. I think I might go with the stampede just for the fact of higher ground clearance because I will be running in a lot of grass. Is there a lot of upgrades available for the stampede do you know?

The Stampede shares a lot of the same components as the Slash since they are both 4x4's. Traxxas makes a lot of their vehicles parts compatible so yes most of the upgrades you would see for the Slash you will see for the stampede. As far as durability upgrades id say fix it as you break it, most would recommend RPM parts who I know makes stronger versions of a lot of Traxxas's parts. Once you have owned a few of Traxxas's eletric offroaders you will see that there isn't much difference between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarfule View Post
    Thanks for the help. Those are the two i was considering. I think I might go with the stampede just for the fact of higher ground clearance because I will be running in a lot of grass. Is there a lot of upgrades available for the stampede do you know?

ya there are lots of upgrades but if there is an aluminum upgrade that you want like say the traxxas aluminum rear hub carriers, get the RPM rear hub carriers cause they are as strong if not stronger than the traxxas aluminum ones. but a few vary common upgrades that people do are the MIP heavy-duty driveshafts and the traxxas aluminum wheel hexes.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

slash 4x4 or anything from the hpi savage monster truck line
    the savages are super super durable and super fast
    also they are 4x4 so they get more traction