Thread: List of my Traxxas Rustler VXL Upgrades and Mods

List of my Traxxas Rustler VXL Upgrades and Mods

Hey guys! So it's been a long time since I've posted something on the forum so I thought I would give you all an overview of my Rustler. This car is pretty much fully upgraded besides the chassis, servo, top plate, transmission, and thats pretty much it. I am a 13 year old RC entusiast and I have paid for pretty all the upgrades on my Rustler. The only thing I haven't bought was the car itself (it was an XL-5 when I got it as a gift) and the rear Talon tires. This is not the order of when I got the upgrades this is just randomly listed. Enough chatting! Let's get to the car!

1. New Body. I have a thread on the body. It's called, Traxxas Rustler VXL Custom Body, if you're curious to see what it looks like.

2. Blue RPM Front Bumper. I have broken one bumper but they're only $7 and they work great.

3. STRC Blue aluminum bulkhead. I have no complaints other than you must use blue threadlock or your screws will come loose.

4. Moded front shocks. I had Big Bores but I didn't like how the shock body was shorter that the stock Ultra shock body so I took the caps and shafts off the Big Bores and put them on the Ultra shock bodies.

5. RPM Shock Spacers. They look coll thats why I got them.

6. RPM Spring Cups. I lost both rear ones the second week I had them so they are ok.

7. RPM A Arms front and rear. Not issues and they don't break.

8. RPM Steering Blocks. Pretty good. Stronger than the stock ones so.

9. STRC Aluminum Body Posts. They are adjustable and look sick.

10. Traxxas Aluminum Turnbuckles all around. Some people bend theirs but I have had mine forever and no issues.

11. RPM Front Shock Tower. It's RPM so of course it's a good part.

12. Relocated ESC. Keeps the temps down. I also cut some cooling holes in the body to help even more.

13. RPM Rear Shock Tower. Haven't had any stress marks of anything.

14. Big Bore shocks. (rear). These shocks are awesome! I have done huge jumps and haven't had to rebuild them, replace shafts or anything.

15. RPM Motor Protector. It sticks out over the motor and really helps protect it.

16. RPM Rear Axle Carriers. They kind of bend forward if you land a jump wrong and the holes get worn out but the pretty good.

17. 32 Pitch Gears. Geard 13/58. They are amazing! They don't strip unlike the stock gears of the Rustler.

18. Traxxas Wheelie bar mount. Protect the Transmission for rear impacts.

19. Not an upgrade but I had to list it! My GoPro HD Hero2 Outdoor Edition. Yes I payed for this 100%. I had to do many chores and walk many dogs but I managed to get it and get it on sale for $250.

20. Traxxas Aluminum Wheel Nuts. They really help hold the wheel on better.

21. Traxxas Talons front and rear. They get enough grip and I can run them onroad and offroad.

So that's my Traxxas Rustler VXL overview! Thanks for taking the time to read this thread!
    -TraxxasAllOut

When I said I'm a 13 year old RC enthusiat, I mean my age is 13.

Nice upgrades and rc. Looking forward to some video. Question, how do i post a new thread on taptalk?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I'm not sure how you post a new thread using Tapatalk.

thats the sickest rustler ive ever seen! I mounted the esc like that. with those gears, do you get good speed and cool temps?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Yes. My main battery is a Traxxas 4200mah Nimh. And thanks that really means a lot! I will have a new thread sometime soon because I'm getting a new mini e revo body and a lot of parts for it so expect for a mini e revo thread sometime soon!