Thread: need some help on what to buy.

need some help on what to buy.

Hi all i am new to this and would like to start out but unsure as to what to buy. i like the look of the rock crawlers looks good fun but also want some speed to. Like to take off roading and puddles etc. budget well depends on the type of truck really if i like it i may just pay the money lol.what are peoples thoughts? I may be geting my other half involved a swel as a joint hobbie

check out the traxxas stampede line of trucks or the axial wraith, ridgecrest or any other vehicle from axial
    if you dont want to spend a lot on a crawler check out the ones on nitrorcx.com
    they are really cheap and are all aluminum but are still pretty good
    they are definetly not for comp crawling but more for the beginner or for lazy crawling

i second the nitrorcx crawlers, great quality, all aluminum, excellent price. for crawling and off roading. put some different tres on the stampede 4x4 and it will work ok. if u want a crawler then get a crawler and if u want a fast off roader then get a fast off roader. you cant really combine the 2 so they will dominate both terrains. axial is the way to go if u still want to do this set up. get a wraith and put a faster brushed motor in it and have 2 different pairs of tires.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

A Traxxas summit has remote locking diffs! So You can drive fast to the rocks, then crush the rocks too!

*and a 2 speed trans

ya but the summit is 5-6 times as much as the crawlers
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

You want to send the boy out for "of road and puddles" in a crawler? Gear the crawler up and enjoy a stupid high center of gravity, and a bunch of broken parts. Take it through the mud and replace all the parts. You're right a crawler is cheaper sticker price, but if you buy something made for a specific purpose and want to do other things with it it'll take a lot of money, and lots more heartache and frustration to dial it in. Summit it a gear truck. Axial has a couple cool ones too

Rc man, what you said is you can't combine the two, the summit is just that. What's emerill say when he puts the garlic in?

And where does it say it has to e inexpensive? Stop following me

ya good point Mgbcm, it doesnt say it needs to be inexpensive. but i just though that the summit was really expensive for a beginner. but ya i agree that the summit will cover all his needs.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL