Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Traxxas Basher

Best Traxxas Basher

Im starting this thread for myself and for others with a similar want. I in the past bought myself a Traxxas Rustler and Slash VXL's. Great RC's love em both to Death but what I should have realized a long time ago is that Ill always only be a basher. So my point is I need a good All round runner. An off roader that I can still make ridiculously fast, but that can tough through intense bashing as we'll. My slash meets this criteria but I need a truck higher off the ground and with bigger tires for my boggier terrain like long grass. The trucks I am comparing are the Summit, Stampede 4x4, and the T-Maxx. The Summit is my most wanted and most willing I am to go as far as price though I understand that truck takes a lot of extra moola to get going fast. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by SketchyRC View Post
    Im starting this thread for myself and for others with a similar want. I in the past bought myself a Traxxas Rustler and Slash VXL's. Great RC's love em both to Death but what I should have realized a long time ago is that Ill always only be a basher. So my point is I need a good All round runner. An off roader that I can still make ridiculously fast, but that can tough through intense bashing as we'll. My slash meets this criteria but I need a truck higher off the ground and with bigger tires for my boggier terrain like long grass. The trucks I am comparing are the Summit, Stampede 4x4, and the T-Maxx. The Summit is my most wanted and most willing I am to go as far as price though I understand that truck takes a lot of extra moola to get going fast. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
    I have a traxxas stampede 2x4 and 4x4. They are both great and reliable bashers. The stampede 4x4 can be bullet proof with the addition of rpm a-arms, MIP cvd axle shafts, aluminum bearing adaptor, aluminum c block, steering hub and rear aluminum stub axle carrier. Some of these parts can be upgraded as you break them. Some of them like the MIP shafts are a immediate must. Good luck in making your decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sounds like the traxxas stampede 4x4 if for you. i would have said the summit if you didnt say "ridiculously fast" because frankly, the summit was not designed to go over 25mph. the same idea for the emaxx, ya it has a lot of ground clearance but its so big and heavy that its not really a "fast" car. ya u could make it go "fast" but u would need to spent 2 times the money of the price that you bought it. the stampede 4x4 is a great car, fast, lightweight and parts are almost half of the summit or emaxxes parts. it can go super fast and it will still be able to handle the grass, mud, snow, water ect, anything really. all you would need to do would buy a good pair of off roading tires, a good pair of onroading tires,a good LiPo battery, and a few other upgrades for durability reasons.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

I'd say Stampede 4x4 also.

Thanks guys, this helps a lot. The Stampede is much better on my budget.

good, good choice
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Did someone say stampede vxl?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mgbcm View Post
    Did someone say stampede vxl?!?!?!
    I dont know, did we?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

OF COURSE! It's a decent size truck with mini priced parts. Noice

You could grab a set of stampede shocks for you slash and maybe some bigger wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast