Thread: Slash 4x4 to Backslash 4x4 Part 1: Getting the Slash Ready for conversion

Slash 4x4 to Backslash 4x4 Part 1: Getting the Slash Ready for conversion

Hey guys! This is part 1 of my Slash 4x4 to Backslash 4x4 build. I already have 6 hours of work just into preparing it. I have ordered the parts for my Slash 4x4 and a couple of parts for the Rustler. More on that later. Now I'm just going to go through and show you what I've done so far.

Step 1
    Mounting the body. I wasn't quite sure on how I was going to do this. This was my original idea. It was just a scrap piece of lexan I had laying around from on of my bodies. I was thick, but had to be reinforced with a piece of foam. I scratched that design off the list.

This style is the current front body post mount I am planning on using. It's a piece of plastic from my stock Nerf Bars that I cut off, drilled holes in, and mounted. Extremely durable with almost no flex and I think it will hold up great.

For the other body post I simply drilled holes in the sides of the chassis put a screw though it and ordered some body post. I will give you pictures when my parts get in.

Step 2
    Keeping the hinge pins from falling out. For the front I cut the bumper off at the part where it starts to round off.

For the rear hinge pins I had my RPM bumper that I got from a friend for $5. He gave me the bumper and a heatsink for that price. Anyway, I took the side panels off the bumper and just used that actual mounting parts. Looks clean and should work well.

If you have any questions just send me a message or post them below. I don't want to say what parts I got because I want to surprise you guys but any other questions post down below. Thanks!
    -TraxxasAllOut

looking great! cant wait for more!
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks! You have been really supportive of me and I want to thank you. The parts should be in on Friday. Can you post some threads with your cars?

that looks sweet cant wait for the other half!

ya, i did in the "post your pics" thread
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler