Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how to fix it???

Anyone know how to fix it???

ya, so i made a little ramp out of some wood, pointed it towards our backyard from the driveway so my car would land in the grass incase of any spills. the car turned and barrel-rolled off the ramp and landed on its rear right tire, snapping the plastic camber link in 2, in the middle of the link. here it is:

anyone know how to fix it? aluminum, not an option, replacing with plastic one, maybe and opton but id rather fix it.

Thanks,
    Josh
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    pic isn't working. for future reference just copy and paste the IMG link into you post

once i see the image to see where it broke, i might have a fix or two. i have pieced those links back together before
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Is this the Bandit? I'd either get the RPM ones or the VXL ones though.

ya, the bandit. tomorrow when i go to my grandparents, ill stop at hobbytown and buy a new set. thanks suburban-holligan, you have been supportive and thanks for telling me how to do the picture thing
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

and thats what i put into the "insert image" area when i go to post it.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

[IMG][/IMG]
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

ok, that's a break iv fixed before. one way i did it was by cutting strips of acrylic plastic that fit into the recessed part of the link. then used i forget the name of the stuff, it was 2 part epoxy, to glue the link back together and glue the strips in place. fixed another link on the same truck using strips cut from a popsicle stick and super glue which held up to light bashing for a couple weeks.
    iv also done the same thing with strips of sheet metal (just scrap steel) drilled a few holes and used 4 small screws and nuts to hold the steel in place.

have you ever thought of putting steel turnbuckles on the car? i know back in the late 90's my friend put a set on his rustler, they made a big difference in handling and were insanely stronger than the stock fixed links.
    Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 11-21-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    and thats what i put into the "insert image" area when i go to post it.
    don't even worry about the "insert image" thing. just copy and past the IMG code straight into your post

ok, i tryed to use some 1/2 inch shrink tubing but itt use one of your ideas iinstead. like i said before, youve been a huge help to me.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Ebay, copy and paste then scroll down and you'll see the sets from the chop shops. If you're thinking about doing the Rustler conversion though, these will have to be changed to the Rustler ones because of the longer arms.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=traxxas+bandit+vxl&_sop=15&_osacat=0& _from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=traxxas +bandit+vxl+turnbuckle&_sacat=0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast