Thread: Maybe getting into crawling. Need some help.

Maybe getting into crawling. Need some help.

So hi. I've been looking into crawlers lately and have narrowed it down to a couple crawlers. Axial XR-10, Losi Mini Rock Crawler, and the Losi MRC Pro. The Axial XR-10 is losing my intrest because the size of the chassis. I heard it's pretty small and for what I will do, I don't think I need a Comp Crawler. I'm leaning towards the MRC Pro because it has a lot of hop ups. I will have to supply my own electronics but I'm fine with that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    P.S. I didn't post this in the Crawler forum because that forum is never active. I will probably get help here.

the xr10 is the best out of them, but its 500 bucks without electronics. i would also say not to got the losi minis cause then you will need to search more for an appropriate terrain. but if you will be using them in your house and on special little courses, ya they will be fun. I would recommend something bigger, like the MRC pro which you suggested, its a good comp crawler and Jeremy and Brandon did a few videos on it that you can go check out. and a suggestion for electronics, a good tekin 35turn motor and FXR esc combo would be great, a good Savox SC1268SG or the Savox SC1256TG would be awesome and grab some decent crawler tires and you will be rockin.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

XR-10 small.... really.... compared to a MINI Crawler.... I just don't know where your planning on taking your rig or what terrain you would be running on that a XR-10 is to small and a LOSI MINI would be in the list of what your wanting to purchase....

FYI the MRC Pro is a MINI COMP CRAWLER

If your not into COMP crawling I don't know why you would consider these(XR-10) as your option, Exceed has alot of hop-ups for their products and the base cost is not going to run you $450-$700...
    *The SCX10 can be changed to accommodate just about any terrain(my SCX gets almost 7-8inch of articulation before the rear tires come up)
    *Losi Night Crawler has what it takes as well, good all around crawler with the WORM drive is the big bonus here

Do some research on what your looking for.... then watch some you-tube vids so you can see how it may perform.... Your looking into completely different crawlers and it's hard to even try to point you in a direction.

You and only you will know how your going to use it and where.

You both are right. I need to look around some more and really figure out what I want. Guy_With_RC do you have some pics of your SCX-10?

Ya, I always love to see a good custom rc!
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    You both are right. I need to look around some more and really figure out what I want. Guy_With_RC do you have some pics of your SCX-10?
    I started a build thread on here for my scx10, has changed alot since then now it's a 6x6, custom body and flat deck, custom tires... nothing about the rig is stock other then the trans.

http://www.rcnightmare.com/forum/car-builds/3257-new-scale-scene-build.html
    Last edited by Guy_With_RC; 11-28-2012 at 05:54 AM.