Thread: i knew better and i deserve this

i knew better and i deserve this

so...this is going to be a long/short story so buckle in....or dont...i wouldnt...

1999-ish my buddy gets a "gas" rc truck (rc10gt) and we all think its cool as shit, like everyone else i couldnt afford a "real" rc car for all my childhood basically...

about a week goes buy and i get one...some RTR rc10gt from the nineties...not a great first car...am i right? this hunk o' shit never started, constantly broke but i was hooked, i loved it...i bought another one and a buuuuuunch of stuff..

2000-ish i move into my buddies house and guess what? hes some old school district champ in the OLD 2wd buggy days, i was like " dude, check out my rc10gt"....

after literally pull starting the thing till the webby stuff between my fingers bled, he did like 3 laps and said..."this is an RTR and you've never done a thing right?" sadly he was right...

the next day he goes to a local hobby shop and buys a losi xxx-nt kit, builds it, buys all the things, motor, servos....etc. etc....

that weekend was cloudy and it rained the perfect amount ...

he fires that losi up, warms it up, does a few slow laps....then nailed it...i...was....in....awe....

this was the best handling thing id ever seen, another friend agreed so went out THAT DAY and got our own losi xxx-nt's, built them and loved them then got 1/8 scale truggy's and buggy's and went full ham....i cant speak for him but i was in deep...like 6-7000 bucks at this point and im just a workin class slob like most everyone else, my buddy almost ruined a marrage over this shit...

2012: it happened again....DAMMIT

these short course trucks..i liked them...then...i found out about lipos....i couldnt believe it...the power and runtime blew me away...and my roomate..

so we go craiglisting and buy a couple sc10's, 2 and 4 wd.....

build them, buy all the frickin parts in the known universe, start building another one just through random ebay bidding and craigslist..

so im not quite as deep as i was last time but still in a few grand :/

my friend just bought and built a losi sct....i drove it...

anyone want to buy an sc10 4x4?

hahahaha really great story
    glad your hooked though
    it was the same with me and my slash
    i broke it almost every day becasue i ran it so hard
    and that was with brushed
    now its brushless but ive got other vehicles to crash so its not every day now

I lke you story! i *cough my parents cough* have about 600 dollars into my bandit xl5 to vxl. I have veered away from rc a little cause i havent maddde any money in months. and when i did get the money something broke and i didnt have enough yada yada yada, we know how that story goes. so ya, i like your story, im kinda in the middle of what you went through 10 years ago, the rc fever, no, more than that, the rc cancer.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Lol. Earlier today my Traxxas TQI radio broke. The part where the docking base can actually go on just snapped off. It still works I just can't change the bottom because the actual mount on the transmitter broke.

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    Lol. Earlier today my Traxxas TQI radio broke. The part where the docking base can actually go on just snapped off. It still works I just can't change the bottom because the actual mount on the transmitter broke.
    Darn, but you can find dirt cheap 2ch traxxas TQi remotes on ebay.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

how much u want for the sc10 4x4