Thread: Racing Rig

Racing Rig

So, although I am not ready for it, from a skill perspective, I can't help wanting my very own racing rig This is my ultimate racing rig, so feel free to make suggestions because I want to get it right. I'm planning on purchasing this sometime this week, so I'd really like to get some good input! So, without further ado:

Chassis: Losi 10 SCTE Rolling Chassis
    Motor: Tekin Pro4 4600kv (or 4000kv, I'm getting a lot of conflicting input here)
    ESC: Tekin RX8
    Servo: Savox SC1267MG
    Rx: Spektrum SR3300T
    Tx: Spektrum DX3S

I have two Venom 30c 5000mAH 2 cell packs that I can use to start with, although I know I'll need better punch in the long run. (I am not real happy with these packs anyways, so I'm looking for advice here as well.)

I have a set of double dees on split six (one piece) wheels for my race tires and another set on beadlocks for practicing with.

I also have a set of Proline Powerstrokes currently on my Slash 4x4, but I've heard that they are a downgrade to the Losi shocks that come with the SCTE.

My track is Mike's Hobby Shop in Dallas, TX. Its an indoor, moderate to high technical, wet clay track. I'll do a little bashing, mostly in city parks kind of stuff, but for the most part, this is my dedicated racing rig.

Thanks in advance!

wow, nice work on the rig, people in here are much better at racing than I, I am mostly a basher....

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    wow, nice work on the rig, people in here are much better at racing than I, I am mostly a basher....
    Thanks, Jeremy. I'm just hoping I get it right. I have been researching this for the last week or so...

ya it sounds like a really great truck
    i want to put a tekin in mine but i dont have the money