Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rcman

Thread: Traxxas f150 raptor?

Traxxas f150 raptor?

Hello all I'm thinking of getting the traxxas f150 raptor for my fiancé so when I go out for a bash she could join me. What are people's thoughts of the car? It looks a bit slow but good for a beginner. Any help would be great thanks
    Byron

ya, itll be a bit slow cause its brushed. there are lots of great, inexpensive systems on nitrorcx.com I would recommend it. its very, very, VERY durable, and cause its a "Slash" you know there is an absolute WORLD of aftermarket upgrades. I personallly would go with the F150 over the regular slash cause I LOVE the f-150 raptor style body and I like how everything plastic is black and not the dumb gray. definatly get it, durable, cool, all around fun.
    Byronrc likes this.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks very much for the help! Does look a mean truck and when she gets used to it.. Go brushless!

get the f150 because its basicly a slash with a black chassis and tranny and a diff. body
    it looks way better than the regular slash and i think its faster than the regular one.
    my dad has one and i havve a regular slash and he out runs me almost every time

How much would it be to change to brushless after a few months then?

depends where you buy it, there are some for under 90 bucks on ebay. ask you lhs and see if they do the traxxas power up program cause then you could trade your xl5 system in and buy the vxl system for 130 bucks iinstead of the 150 bucks for retail.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks very much for the help

I'd say it's okay. I know your question was already answered but.