Thread: Short Course Truck for Begginers

Post Short Course Truck for Begginers

hello,guys.From the tittle, you know that i am searching for a short course truck for begginers. so what would you suggest to me. i need a reasonable prize and has quite a speed.If possible send me some links too. Roger out

I kinda new myself,having been out of the hobby for 7-8 years (just getting back into it),SC trucks didn't exist when I got out,but looking around the hobby (both online and in person) it looks like a good entry/re-entry point.

After doing lots of looking around the RC web,talking to an old friend at my long-time LHS (not so local now,but they've always been good to me,I'm loyal),for under $200 (he quoted me $165 + tax,since I'm buying 3*,but they're $180-190 EVERYwhere) it's hard to beat the EXC Torment. They come completely ready to run (even have transmitter batteries,one 1800maH stick pack and a quick charger),well built and are reasonably competetive at a club level out of the box. hope to be picking one up Staurday,and if a few things I hav on eBay sell,2 more in the next few weeks. I'll let you know my thoughts on it whn I get one here.

Don't have a link,just Google "Where can I buy an ECX Torment",that worked well for me

*2 kids who want in too

Sorry double post kinda
    Last edited by The DC; 01-01-2013 at 09:43 PM.

EXC Torment is an ok option to an entry level SC truck... I personally went with the 2wd slash(not the VxL) when my wife wanted into the class after I started racing unlimited class with my sc10

I found that the slash is a great option for anyone interested in getting into the SC scene. It's one of the toughest products out there and with tons of aftermarket support as well as every LHS carrying parts for it how could I go wrong. Price is not to bad for the regular 2wd slash...running around $200

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAPUW**&P=0

this is just an example site/price because where ever you buy the price will vary a bit. If your going to be bashing just as much or more then racing I would spend a little more and get yourself something that has been proven as a very durable SC Truck.... EXCEED is on the cheaper side of the market... with that you get cheaper parts... weaker plastic... but it's exceed they do have a great parts support as well(not to sure about the Torment tho)

Choices I would look at if I were you are the 2/4wd slash or the hpi blitz

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBJMZ**&P=ML

**** COPY AND PASTE THE LINKS ****

That's by far the cheapest price I've seen on a 2wd Slash in the last month,something to consider as its not that big of a gap...have you actually spent tme with the Torment personally (I ask becaue almost everyone that owns one swears by them...)? I make no claim to know what I'm talking about or to have personal experience with both,but the general consensus online would tell me lash if planning to be a full time basher,Torment if I have an eye on getting into racing (personally,I do) since the Slash comes with a HCG chassis out of the box. I have no doubts about the Slashes potential,durability,or upgradability from previous experiences (all positive) with Traxxas however.

I'm still going to gowith the Torment,though,as even at that price it's a $44 price increase (from what my LHS quoted me on the Torment),3 times (2 kids each and myself). Something serious for the OP to think about though

if you even want to know you are a f****** stalker
    slash 2wd easy disision
    How many r/c's do i have?
    1 Stampede Monster Mutt edition
    Empty spaces = none YET!